Kermit back on Sesame

muppetperson

Reaction score
In Australia it is on free to air ABC/ABC2(that's Australian Broadcasting Corporation, not your ABC) but that is no use to you.
You should have it on Noggin channel, but I think that is a subscription channel.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Play with Me Sesame has both new footage and segments from Sesame Street. That song with Kermit that was mentioned is titled Do Op Hop.

I know that quite a few episodes of the show feature Sesame Street segments with Kermit.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Kermit was again on Play With me Sesame today.He was singing with 2 cows and a dog and other animals joined in and then Kermit was thrown into the air.Ernie had his baby cousin with him, baby Ernisteen! And Cookie Monster was doing a Rap about healthy food(Vegetables), which I know is a new developement.
These are all segments from the late 80s/early 90s or earlier. Kermit's song is called "Do Op Hop" and I used to see that all the time as a kid in the late 1980s. And I remember seeing segments with Ernie and his baby cousin, Ernestine. (There was one in particular where he was trying to get her to say his name and she wound up saying "Bert" first instead.) And Cookie Monster's rap is called "Healthy Foods" and that one is from either the very late 80s or early 90s. I remember this one well as well- great song that actually did make fruits and vegetables look very appetizing to me as a kid.
"Play With Me Sesame" tends to play older Sesame Street clips- which is my primary reason for watching it when I can!:smile:

Snuffy

Reaction score
Kermit's awesome. Does Play With Me Sesame only come on Sprout?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Play With Me Sesame airs on Noggin, and all of the Kermit sketches that appear on that show are from the 70s, 80s, and 90s; the reason you see the (c) 2002, or (c) 2003 by his name at the end of the show is because that's when that particular "episode" of Play With Me Sesame was produced.

And although Steve Whitmire does perform Ernie, on most of the "Play With Me" sketches, John Tartaglia did Ernie for reasons I forget why.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, I think Sesame Workshop does have the right to show earlier clips with :smile:. After all, he appears regularly on 'Plaza Sesamo.' So why they don't play his clips on the current SS, besides in the famous "Doo dee rubber duck" is beyond me.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well i think that they must have made some sort of deal with Disney recently because of Kermit being on the "Old School" box sets. They may have even bought the rights to use him from a certan time period like from 1969 to ????
Then again if Disney ever wants to release anything that the SS muppets are in it (Which is alot) they have to make some sort of deal. The same goes with the Fragles and anything JHC has with Disney Muppets in it Like the "Jim Henson Hour". That might be a little harder though becaues of the way they did with "Emiet Otter".

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, they did get away with releasing the Muppet Show episode where Bert and Ernie appear. You never know.