Kermit and Piggy on Hollywood Squares

matleo

Reaction score
Frogboy,

hey Jamie,
Eric doesn't do Cookie. That's Dave (Baby Bear) Rudman. I also hear that whenFfrank used to do/ does Cookie he had an agreement with the directors/producers that if something went wrong with the take, Frank would be the first to know so he could immedialty abort the scene and save his voice a little. now Dave has the same agreement.

As for Piggy, I missed Hollywood Squares this week, I have seen Dave's Cookie and Eric's Bert and Grover, so far Grover is the onyly one I've been real impressed with, but I can see how he can translate what he's doing with Grover into what he can do with Piggy. how was the chemistry between kermit and Piggy? Since Jim died I've found NO chemistry with bert and Ernie (though to be truthful I don't like Steve's Ernie at all. I find him annoying)

--Matt

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
I think Steve's problem with Ernie is that he snickers FAR too much. Jim kept the snicker to a minimal, maintaining it as a classic character trait; Steve's Ernie snickers after almost every other line and wears it out. He talks a little too rapidly also.

Another thing on Sesame Street that makes me groan these days is David Rudman's Cookie Monster. In an effort to produce the gravelly effect, there's very little soul or inflection to the voice. It just sounds like he's trying too hard.

--"Scary" Larry Wolf

Jackie

Reaction score
Re: WOW!

Originally posted by beaker
Holy cow...I havent seen Piggy and Kermit together in awhile, and was blown away how 'they' are as current as ever...the chemistry, wow! This wasnt Oz??? WOW!!! You really have to hand it to the talented performers at JHC!

So whats next on the Muppet tv appearence front?

///beaker///
Eric Jacobson and Steve Whitmire have incredible chemistry as Bert and Ernie...their new sketches together are AMAZINGLY funny.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Matleo

Oops. Thanx for the correction. I don't know what I was thinking. So maybe Rudman or someone else can do Animal. I hear that Clash did him a bit in MT, but I never noticed a thing. He could be a good choice.

Eric's Piggy was fantastic. The voice seemed higher - more like classic Piggy! The spark between Kermit and Piggy is back also. It is obvious that Eric and Steve are having a good time and feel honored to perform these characters. Oz really has phoned it in for the last decade IMHO. He gave us years of Miss Piggy and I don't mind if it's time for him to step down. My only concern is that they keep the voice consistant. If Eric performs his characters and Frank pops in from time to time I think it coulld be uneven. I think the ultimate replacement of all his characters was his idea from the start and is happening now. I never really bought that " Frank will perform when he has the time" bit about his SS characters. I just hope Eric is around for a long time. How old is he?

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
Fozzie

Hey guys,
I didn't see the NASCAR Fozzie appearance, but it's my understanding that Eric is not taking over Fozzie, that John Kennedy is. I've seen John perform Fozzie and he does a great job. It's my suspicion that it was John on the NASCAR apprearance.
-Artie

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well that makes it even better. Easier to get the bear and pig in the same scene without dubbing!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

If someone has the Nascar and the Denny's Commercials on Video, Let me know!

We should trade !

See ya

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Yeah now Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear Gonzo and hopfuly Rowlf, could all be in the same scenes a lot easier, not that gonzo ever had a problem, but this is even better if they do live show's or game show's,but that leave Pepe and rizzo out. I would hope now that Rowlf will be come one of Bill's main muppets along with Pepe.

Zack)Rowlf the, but don't forget about Bobo and Jonny! Dog.