Kermie's Girl (ushy-gushy fanfic)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Um... Could we please have some more of this story?

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Chapter 13: Back to normal

“Okay, people—listen up!” Kermit called over the murmur of many voices. “We’ve still got a couple of weeks of filming to do before we break for the holidays. I know some of you are looking forward to some time off, and some of you are looking forward to our revue in Las Vegas, but we need to be sensitive to each other and stay focused on what we’re doing in the moment.”
Everyone had fallen silent, all eyes turned attentively to Kermit.
“I want to tell you how much I appreciate everyone’s hard work so far on the film. I know we’ve had a few problems with the media—“ Kermit’s cheeks flushed a little pink, but he kept going. “—but the movie’s getting some positive attention and I think we need to stay focused on making the best movie we can. I know I can count on you all.” As if appearing out of thin air, Robin popped into the air and landed nonchalantly on Kermit’s shoulder. Kermit, who was used to it, hardly reacted, but several people on the front row stepped back in surprise, and others were heard to laugh or comment. “Oh—and Robin’s going to be with us for the next little while. Say hi, Robin!”
“Hi!” Robin called cheerily, waving enthusiastically.
“Hey there, kid—looking bouncy!”
“Good heavens, he’s grown hasn’t he? Hasn’t he grown, George?”
“Hiya short stuff!”
“Oh, like he’s so cute and everything, really….”
“Robin—hey! Look down!”
Kermit smiled as everyone welcomed Robin back into the fold. Robin’s sunny disposition and seemingly endless enthusiasm were having a positive effect on everything. Kermit felt…optimistic, and it was an almost unfamiliar feeling after the past several weeks. It buoyed him and made him feel content. Maybe the worst was over, Kermit thought firmly. Things were bound to start looking up.

“Rizzo,” Piggy said, eyeing the little rat suspiciously. “Is that one of the cookies I had made up special for Robin?”
“Yeah,” Rizzo said cheerfully. “And boy, are they great. I love chocolate chips.”
Piggy opened her mouth to speak, shut it carefully, then tried again. “Rizzo—those aren’t chocolate chips.”
“S’okay,” Rizzo said, munching happily. “I like raisins, too.”
Fozzie had come up during this last and he shot Piggy an alarmed look, but Piggy merely shrugged and let Rizzo go without further comment.
“You’re not—you’re not going to tell him?”
“Nope,” Piggy said firmly. “And neither are you.” She took Fozzie’s arm and steered him toward the dressing rooms. “Fozzie, are you sure you want to cover for Scooter during the holiday break? It’s a lot of work keeping up with everything.”
“Oh, sure,” Fozzie said. “Piece of cake.”
“Never say ‘piece of cake” in the labyrinth,” Piggy murmured.
“What?”
“Nothing,” Piggy said, smiling and shaking off the thought. “It was sweet of you to volunteer.”
“Scooter has everything very well organized,” Fozzie said confidently. “I’ve got everything I need right here on my clipboard.”
Piggy looked down at the notebook in Fozzie’s hands. “Um, Fozzie—that’s not a clipboard. That a writing tablet.”
Fozzie looked down in alarm, gulped, then looked around frantically. “Hoo, boy,” he said, flustered. “Hmm—gotta go! Now where did I--?”
Oddly enough, the conversation reassured Piggy. Things are getting back to normal around here, she thought hopefully. Maybe the worst is over.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yaey for the new chapter! Hmmm, wonder what those cookies are made of... Well, they can't be any worse than Aunt Cali Reaper's...
Robin bringing so much optimism back to the set... Yaey!
Would recommend you do away with the m-dashes and go with commas though, and separate each character's lines when they speak... I've been able to keep up with who's speaking, but it helps flow better.

In any case, it's a good addition to see the Muppets getting back to normal. Maybe the worst is over now. But that can't be, or else there'd be no more story. There is more story, fright? If so, please post it when you've got it ready.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
YAY! <Giggles> I think I figured out what's in those cookies... <giggles>
I love how Robin brings this air of optimism to the set, and glad that things seem to be "getting back to normal." Well, as normal as they ever are with the Muppets... But the repetition of the idea makes me think that maybe we're getting a little cocky... which makes me think that we're going to be cut down to size... which makes me uncertain, and eager to see what's next! ...And then I wonder if I'm reading too much into it... Which makes me even MORE eager to see what's next!

MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Wonders if there's more to this tale, and when it'll get posted.
*Wraps fingers on armchair while waiting.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Using poking stick borrowed from Nicole. Poke-poke-poke. Nag-nag-nag. Come on, don't you want to post more story? You'll feel much better.
Now, if you'll hexcuse me... *Leaves to prod next author on list.

Leyla

Reaction score
Catching up on my reviewing

Ah, Ruahnna, I do miss you, your stories and your opinions about the pig and the frog. It's taken me way too long to review this, so I do apologize. Here's hoping you'll come out of hiding soon, with or without an update.

I'm really interested in what's going to happen in Vegas. It was kind to them once, but will it be again?

“I know it’s not a lot of notice but—what? Speak up, Sweetheart—I can’t hear you.” Very distinctly in the background, Kermit heard Thoreau say, “Piggy—put the phone down now. I am trying to mark this hemline and you are ruining--” Piggy murmured something that sounded sweet but Thoreau broke off muttering immediately.
Ah, you gotta love Piggy when she's being sweetly threatening. Never get between her and her frog.

I loved your description of Scooter as Kermit's third leg, and of course the reference to Sara's stories was wonderful.

Janice had even complained about being dogged by reporters who followed her home, but Floyd had dealt with that annoyance rather handily himself—with a little help from Animal. That problem, at least, had not reappeared.
See, now that was great thinking. It's almost a pity that Piggy hasn't been within arms length of Fleet. She send him packing... and flying, and proper thing that.

He knew she worried about him—about the effect this ordeal was having on him—and he did everything he could think of to show her that it was not bothering him. But no amount of creative lying on Kermit’s part would convince Piggy—Piggy who loved him with every fiber of her being—that he was unaffected.
Sigh... I love the two of them together. Lots of people don't I guess, but gee, when they're happy, they're such a great team. I'm growing in anxiety about the effect all of this is having on them. I'm worried that Kermit will start to believe all those lies. He is a jealous frog and when you hear something often enough, even when it's not true you can start to believe it.
Beautiful, intriguing writing.

I love that your brought Robin into the story, and that Piggy wanted to see him too. Again, I'm all curious to see where you're going with him in the story. He's such a cute little frog. I love his friendship with Sweetums too, who is the muppet monster that used to terrify me as a child. Not the other ones, who are actually mean sometimes, but the nicest one, go figure.

"Ate like a horse, slept like a log" Very cute description of Robin.

“Not yet,” Sweetums said. “But I’m a-lookin.’”
And getting some very odd looks himself, Kermit wagered.
Heh, I really like that a lot, both Kermit's thought and "a-lookin". Very funny.
Robin's questions and explorations are very endearing and I also like the references to the Great Muppet Caper, which of course ties into A Pig out of Water, which I also love.

“Well, yes,” Kermit admitted. “That part really happened.”
“I can’t always keep track,” Fozzie murmured.
Great Fozzie line.

Piggy's non-baking is really fun characterization (and of course, Rizzo's "raisins" was great fun too.)

Great work, as per usual, and I'm really looking forward to the continuation!

Leyla

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
As are we all around here...

*Prods Ru with nagging stick gently... After all, we want more story, but I don't want to get on my new boss's bad side... *Hint, hint, we're waiting for you over at MopFam also Catherine.