Kermie's Girl (ushy-gushy fanfic)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... So it was "The" Brenda Starr after all? Sorry for getting her confuse with...
*Reads on to the ending of the chapter. *Eyes widen, falls on floor with surprise.

Me, weakly on the floor after fainting: Someone go get the Count... Or Uncle Deadly...
*Collapses again.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I'm completely lost on both of those women. What's up with either of them?

Also, great story Ru. Can't wait to read more.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Sara. If you wanna know who those two women are, drop me a PM. Oh, and check your inbox as I sent you some ideas forPrediciment the other day.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Apologies to anyone who is lost. Before you feel compelled to try Hari Krishna, see below:

Brenda Starr was a ground-breaking comic strip. Scandalous at the time because she was a glamorous, talented, beautiful female reporter, and even MORE scandalous because the strip was WRITTEN BY A WOMAN (be still by heart! I might swoon), Brenda began her career in 1940. She is still active today (and, I might add, remarkably well-preserved). I could not begin to do justice to her here, but here are a couple of places where you can find out about her.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brenda_Starr_(comic_strip)

http://www.comicspage.com/brendastarr/brenda_characters.html

(If you have trouble with these links, just copy the address into your browser.)

Autumn Transylvania, woman of mystery, is another original creation, but her creator is someone here on the MC boards. If you haven't guessed yet, you'll see soon. I have very graciously been allowed the use of her for this story.

OH, and since I'm answering questions, a PB&S is a peanut butter and slug sandwich. Bon appetit!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Wasn't far off, knew it was something slimy and green. *Awaiting next chapter with relish.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well, I would have guessed peanutbutter and shoefly, but slugs work too!
:smile:
Is the kitchen mole's name spelled Mabel or Mable, because you spelled it that way in this last chapter, and it sounds better when read by Jaws.
One more question; what in the name of Jim is U201D?

Thanks. More please!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh Kate... Thought I'd help out.
Never known it to be spelled as "Mable", I think it's properly spelled as "Mabel". If you're having troubles, just do what I did and create an entry in your JFW Dictionary so that from the next time you find it, it'll be read correctly. That's what I do with most words/names that Jaws doesn't say or pronounce the way they should.

Also, where is this "U201D" you mentioned? Might be a bit of computer coding that needs removing.
Hope this helps.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well Ed, I guess you were right about the code then, eh?
:wink:

I didn't even know I had a JFW Dictionary... Thanks pal!
:big_grin: Actually, Katherine did spell it alternately once in the second-to-last chapter.
:smile:

More please!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Guess she'd be the final authority on how the character's name is truly spelled.
Yeah, the dictionary's a tool I've been using ever since I started the Muppet Listings. You can find out about how to use it in the "What's New" section in the Jaws Help menu.

*Anxiously awaits the next chapter after the hype Cath's built for it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Over loudspeakers: Now hear this, now hear this...

It's been three weeks since Miss Catherine, alias Ruahnna, alias Kermie's Girl has been spotted. She left us with the grand promise of Chapter 51 for this story, one which I am very muchly interested in finally reading. If you see her, nag with extreme caution, she's armed and literary. Please contact our offices should you actually see her here at MC. Proceed to nag her for this, as well as her other stories.

That is all, you may return to your previously scheduled activities.