Kermie's Girl (ushy-gushy fanfic)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Um miss Catherina? Was sort of hoping the missing chapters' titles eluded to in previous posts of mine from this, your grandest and greatest Muppety masterpiece, could be revealed to the public at large. If it's not too much trouble to ask... Or mayhaps another segment? OK, done now, won't push my luck.

Leyla

Reaction score
The Elvi have entered the building!
Love that they have names... Ace, Deuce, and Trey... couldn't have picked better names too... really funny, really "suits" them too.. wocka wocka.
(What? I can't be the only one who is reminded of a card game... and it IS Las Vegas... suits! Suits! Gardening tools! Oh, nevermind.)

Honestly, it took me WAY too long to figure out who they were, and I knew they were coming! Of course... I did read this at an ungodly hour.

Great choice having Rizzo run into them. He's clearly a fan, based on MCT anyway. The dialogue is just perfect. I can totally hear their voices, especially at the end with the amiable arguing over who's the king. I love that they love their momma... and Mabel's cooking too. I can see why they hit it off so well with Rizzo.

“Have mercy,” said Ace. “The man with the hat.”
“Yeah,” said Rizzo. “He’s a nice guy, but just once—just once, I tell you—it would be nice to not have to play my food before I eat it.”
Deuce put a comforting hand on his shoulder. “Be brave, little soldier.
<laughs> Too funny. The man with the hat. Gee I love the Elvi... and the finger pistols.

“You are the man,” said Ace approvingly. “I am the king, but you are the man.”
“Hey now,” said Deuce. “I believe we decided that I am the king.”
“Indeed we did not,” said Trey. “I am the king, as all the fan mail will….”
Oh, clever set up, and such a lovely character moment. <hugs it>

Janice and Floyd, Janice and Floyd... my my my trouble in paradise, and yet not really trouble at all. Oh all the drama that lack of communication can bring about. Now I'm no expert on Janice and Floyd, but if they were going to tie the knot, get hitched, um.. take the marriage train, etc. etc... the Hard Rock Chapel of Eternal Jams would be the place to do it. And if a brave author WAS going to hitch them up, I'd put my moolah on you-lah, Ru-lah.

Not that I have any idea if that's in the plans... but I don't foresee a devastating split in the works for this long term couple. I DO however, feel very sorry indeed for Floyd.

Intrigued as always, Ru!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Posted by Layla: Suits... Gardening tools... Card game...
Yes... Seems I heard that somewhere in this thread. *Goes back to humming tune to "Painting the Roses Red".

Ruahnna

Reaction score
More untangling the author's stuff

Okay, per Edvard darlink's request, I have created titles for the chapters posted--at least through chapter 28. Although some of these titles are short, I worked hard to make them appropriate. I'm working on the rest. (Dang--this thing is HUGE!) Here they are:
Chapter 14: Philanthropy
“I told you,” the dark-suited man was saying to Gonzo. “The frog’s got vision. He’s not afraid to buck the system.”
Chapter 15: Setting the Stage
The backstage areas were clean, roomy and well-kept, and all of the props and costumes Scooter had arranged to have shipped had arrived safely.
Chapter 16: Sustenance
“Sweetheart? You almost ready? I could eat a—“
Chapter 17: Restoration
“Need any help?”
Chapter 18: Something Important
Rowlf barreled through the end of A Christmas Song, his paws flying over the white and black keys.
Chapter 19: Conspiracies
“I know, Honey,” Mabel was saying, ladling soup into a sipping bowl for Beaker. “It’s the same wherever you go.”
Chapter 20: Funny Doin’s Back Stage (this one had a title already)
Chapter 21: Surprises
“Johnny’s on stage for ‘Christmas All over the World’ with Amy Lu and Gloria Jean and Sally Ann and Laura May.”
Chapter 22: Reminiscences and Innovations
“Hey, Kermit—hang back, man. Got a plan for your little blue dude and his thing.”
Chapter 23: Strange Meetings(this one had a title already)
Chapter 24: The Cost of Doing Business
“I hate these things,” Kermit muttered without moving his lips.
Chapter 24 ½: Another Opening, Another Show
The afternoon had passed slowly, but it had passed.
Chapter 25: Comical Enhancements
They had 20 minutes to change and get everything ready for the Christmas half of the show.
Chapter 26: It’s Christmas Time All Over the Stage
The audience shifted excitedly in their seats as soon as the Electric Mayhem took the stage, even though the lights weren’t on yet.
Chapter 27: Christmas Present is Here Today
“And then Scooter and Sara came waltzing out of the girls room, too,” Rizzo complained to Clifford.
Chapter 28: Sufficient Unto the Day
Backstage, everyone had gathered around Kermit.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Will comb back through the tomes to get everything save on file for shipping later... Though, should the initial segment which bears the story's own title be counted as Chapter 1 instead? And Chapter 24&½? Will get it ordered, just askin' to make sure it's all in line for presentation.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
The case of the missing titles....

Okay--apologies for boring you nice folks, but I want to get the whole list in. And I am NEVER EVER NOT TITLING MY CHAPTERS AGAIN! THis was VERY hard to create after the fact! Anyway, with apologies for the repetition....

Prologue: Kermie’s Girl
It was dark and quite late when Kermit inserted his key into the lock of the sprawling Spanish-style home he and Piggy had bought shortly after the studio had offered him a corner office.
Chapter 1: A Lucky Frog.
Kermit adjusted his tie before the dresser mirror, straightening his collar a little in the process.
Chapter 2: Chez Roberto's.
When Kermit joined Piggy at their customary table in the private dining room, every cook in the kitchen was standing in rapt attention behind Roberto, who hovered over Piggy in a paroxysm of delight.
Chapter 3: Treasure Seekers.
“Look, Piggy—it’s us!” They were comfortably ensconced on the big brass day bed in the den, munching popcorn and flipping idly thought the channels.
Chapter 4: At the The Frogs.
Weekend mornings were sometimes a little more leisurely at the "the Frogs" than the usual chaos on mornings where getting to the studio was necessary.
Chapter 5: Good Remembering.
Funny how often this happens, Kermit thought idly. Piggy and I try to steal away for a little couple time and end up with a whole menagerie along for the ride.
Chapter 6: The Sum of the Parts.
In had been more than a month since Fleet Scribbler’s insidious little insinuation had garnered anyone’s interest, and life at Rainbow Productions had settled in to as close to normal as it ever would.
Chapter 7: This Can't Be Much of a Picnic.
It was early, early in the morning when Kermit’s cell phone began to beep.
Chapter 8: Time Heals all Wounds.
Time heals all wounds, and work is a great panacea.
Chapter 9: Piggy the Actress.
Every now and again, Lady Luck is kind, and when she is kind in Las Vegas, she is kind indeed.
Chapter 10: Christmas in Vegas.
“Hey, Piggy—we got an invitation to cover a show in Vegas during the holidays. You want to do it?”
Chapter 11: Methinks the Pig Doth Protest Too Much.
“Let me get this straight,” Howard said. “You want me to come to Vegas to help with the show. At Christmastime. So, instead of spending a quiet Christmas at home, you want me to come to Vegas where it’s loud and bright and noisy and crowded? Are you kidding?”
Chapter 12: “Ate like a horse——slept like a log."
After a family consult, everyone had concluded that it was better for Robin to be home for Thanksgiving, but to come as soon after the holiday as the traffic died down.
Chapter 13: Back to Normal.
“Okay, people—listen up!” Kermit called over the murmur of many voices. “We’ve still got a couple of weeks of filming to do before we break for the holidays.
Chapter 14: Philanthropy
“I told you,” the dark-suited man was saying to Gonzo. “The frog’s got vision. He’s not afraid to buck the system.”
Chapter 15: Setting the Stage
The backstage areas were clean, roomy and well-kept, and all of the props and costumes Scooter had arranged to have shipped had arrived safely.
Chapter 16: Sustenance
“Sweetheart? You almost ready? I could eat a—“
Chapter 17: Restoration
“Need any help?”
Chapter 18: Something Important
Rowlf barreled through the end of A Christmas Song, his paws flying over the white and black keys.
Chapter 19: Conspiracies
Scooter poked his head around the doorway of the kitchen.
Chapter 20: Funny Doin’s Back Stage
Fozzie had been more than elated to shed his backstage responsibilities once Scooter had come to the rescue, but force of habit and the still-remembered adrenaline rush he’d received when Pepe had arrived made him stop some ten feet away from the big cardboard box that had appeared as if by magic backstage.
Chapter 21: Surprises
Scooter ran into Kermit outside the sound booth.
Chapter 22: Reminiscences and Innovations
“Hey, Kermit—hang back, man. Got a plan for your little blue dude and his thing.”
Chapter 23: Strange Meetings
Kermit could have slept late—probably should have slept late, but he woke up at the crack of 8:30, wishing someone would turn down the noise.
Chapter 24: The Cost of Doing Business
“I hate these things,” Kermit muttered without moving his lips.
Chapter 24 ½: Another Opening, Another Show
The afternoon had passed slowly, but it had passed.
Chapter 25: Comical Enhancements
They had 20 minutes to change and get everything ready for the Christmas half of the show.
Chapter 26: It’s Christmas Time All Over the Stage
The audience shifted excitedly in their seats as soon as the Electric Mayhem took the stage, even though the lights weren’t on yet.
Chapter 27: Christmas Present is Here Today
“And then Scooter and Sara came waltzing out of the girls room, too,” Rizzo complained to Clifford.
Chapter 28: Sufficient Unto the Day
Backstage, everyone had gathered around Kermit.
Chapter 29: After the Show
“Scooter, please—just one more time and then we’ll do something else!”
Chapter 30: Revelations
“—and he said they were delighted with the crowd. They had to turn people away, Kermie—and this is their biggest theater.”
Chapter 31: At the Disco
Hey, nice moves there Mr. King Prawn,” Rizzo shouted over the noise of the disco.
Chapter 32: Facing the Reviews
Mabel moved through the crowd dispensing coffee, danishes and attitude.
Chapter 33: Working on Some Things
“Hey Babe,” Floyed said, settling his arms around Janice’s waist.
Chapter 34: Bunsen Honeydew Decorates for the Holidays
“Why Beakie, I think this is the most exciting thing I’ve ever created!” gushed Dr. Bunsen Honeydew.
Chapter 35: Baby’s Got A Brand New Act
Timing is everything. At least, it is something. At least, to some things, it is something.
Chapter 36: Exceeding Expectations
It was hard to imagine, but the show actually seemed to be going better tonight.
Chapter 37: Changing
Janice had quick-changed and was back in her flashing Christmas-tree-inspired dress.
Chapter 38: Dark Men
Scribbler slumped into one of the pubs and sat at a stool at the far end of the bar.
Chapter 39: Shaking a Leg
“Better?” asked Scooter. He was wearing soft, almost-white denims and a blue chambray dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up.
Chapter 40: Hair of the Dog
Rowlf had the news on, but the sound off, so he was able to hear the patter of little flippers before they came into the living room.
Chapter 41: Machinations
“That’s right, officer,” said the grey-haired gentleman. “We were coming out of a show—the four of us—and saw a crowd of young people go by.”
Chapter 42: The Return of the King
“Well, it wasn’t the worst thing he’s written about them,” said Scooter. He didn’t look happy, but he was trying hard to be matter-of-fact.
Chapter 43: A Royal Flush
“Hey there, little fellow,” said an ultra-cool familiar voice. “Heard you fellas had parked your boots here at the Palace.”

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah... Mmm... Thank Ru muchly. Never a bore to go through a table of contents, helps give a nname to what it is we're reading.

Sent Ru a PM reply, hope you got it. Just a few last questions about KG's chapters
You have the first installmen, which bears the story's title as its own as the "Prologue". Would that then change the chapters I so far have as Chapter 1's for Somebody's Getting Married? and Getting Swamped into Prologues as well?? Or should KG's Prologue segment b turned into its Chapter 1 instead?

Also curious as to why you've labeled the chapter titled Another Opening, Another Show as number 24½. Shouldn't that one be number 25?

Hope this makes sense, or dollars if it doesn't, and I'm looking forward to whenever we can get more story posted here as I'm anxiously awaiting the next show in Vegas.

Java

Reaction score
Wow, this is amazing. It only took me an hour and half to catch up but it was worth every minute.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Chapter 44: Distractions

“Are you really going to let me run the soundboard, Uncle Kermit?” said Robin excitedly. “Really really? Really and for true? Cause I can do it—I can, you know I can! So, can I? Huh? Can I can I can I?”
Kermit hadn’t had nearly enough coffee to keep up, but he laughed good-naturedly at Robin’s exuberance. Piggy’s response was more practical. She reached out and—gently—pinched Robin’s mouth shut for a moment. Robin looked up at her, his eyes shining with excitement and delight.
“Hush, please, dear,” she said sweetly.
“Mmrfgh Mufmt urh—“
“Robin, hush. Your Uncle Kermit can’t think with all this—“
“Mrhy mthg mjrlp—“
“Knock it off, kid!” Piggy growled. She and Robin stared at each other, her face comically fierce, his verging on hysteria, then they both burst out giggling. Kermit waded in.
“Okay, okay,” he said, putting an arm around each of them. “If you’re going to do this tonight I need more listening and less talking, okay?”
Solemnly, Robin nodded. They walked across the auditorium stage and stepped into the sound booth. Dr. Teeth and Bunsen Honey were both there, along with a very nervous looking Beaker.
“Hi guys—nice of you to take time out to meet with us. I know our show has gotten a little bigger than we initially planned, and I thought this might be a good time to let Robin take over some of the basic functions while we’re all trying to hit our marks.”
“How very exciting! Isn’t that exciting, Beakie!”
“Mee meep,” said Beaker, bobbing his tube-like head.
“A seriously cool plan,” said Dr. Teeth.
Robin positively glowed.
The soundbooth was not large, so Kermit and Piggy exited, leaving their charge in the hands of the technical crew. They sat down on two of the colored cubes and began to go over some program notes, but after Kermit had looked anxiously toward the booth for the third time, Piggy put her soft, gloved hand on his cheek and turned him to face her.
“He’ll be fine,” she said firmly. “Robin’s old enough to do this.”
“Yeah, but—“
“Kermit.” Her voice was gentle, but unyielding. “Vous have work to do.”
“How come you always try to distract me from work except when I want to be distracted?” Kermit grumbled, hunching over his notes.
Piggy let out a little “oh!” of surprise.
“Well,” she said snippily. “Moi is not a mind-reader, you know! If you’d like to be distracted, just say so!”
“Well I’m saying so!” snapped Kermit, throwing down the little notepad.
Piggy reached out, snagged the collar of his blue oxford-cloth shirt and planted an extremely distracting kiss right on his froggy lips.
“That’s better!” Kermit mumbled, and put his arms around her. They ended the kiss smiling at each other. Piggy stroked a soft hand across the smooth line of his scalp.
“Vous are cute when you’re grumpy,” she said ruefully.
“I like to think of it as mood-challenged,” Kermit parried. He sighed, then looked down and picked up the little notebook. “Can you read my note here?”
Piggy squinted, looking at the highly illegible scribble.
“Haven’t a clue,” she said at last. “What song was it?”
“Haven’t a clue,” he echoed. “It could be my grocery list.”
“If you can’t spell it, don’t eat it,” Piggy quipped. Her eye fell on the note below it. “What’s this about Gonzo?”
“Oh! Well, Gonzo isn’t going to make it in the Bop Til You Drop song. We’re running it right after his fruit-balancing thing, and he just won’t have enough time to change.”
“Who’s going to cover for him?” Piggy asked, a little concerned.
Kermit hemmed and hawed.
“Sweetie!” Piggy said, suddenly comprehending. “You’re going to dance with us!”
“Um, yeah,” said Kermit. “Howard said I could,” he added, almost defensively, but Piggy just laughed.
“Are you dancing with me?” she flirted, expecting the answer.
“Um, no—not tonight.”
That, Piggy had not anticipated.
“Oh,” she said. “Because of the last-minute change, I guess.”
“Yeah. I’m dancing with Janice tonight.” He gave her a playful nudge. “How come—you jealous?”
“Moi?” said Piggy, her big blue eyes flying wide. “Moi is not the jealous type.” She turned back down to the notebook with a disdainful sniff, but her pronouncement lost some of its dignity when Kermit let out a snort of laughter.
“Oh really!” he said. “Not the jealous type, huh?”
“Honestly,” snapped Piggy, trying once again to retain a businesslike demeanor. “You are so—“
“Wonderful? Debonair? Sexy?”
Piggy stood up, thoroughly tweaked. “Decipher your own notes,” she said dismissively, but she did not get far. Kermit caught her hand, pulled her back into his embrace and danced her across the empty stage, spinning her expertly in his arms.
“Kermit!” Piggy warned. Kermit dipped her, noting with satisfaction that her hand tightened around his neck—and stayed there when he pulled her back up. “This is so—“
“Romantic?” said Kermit.
“Not the word I was going for,” Piggy murmured.
“Aw c’mon,” teased Kermit, twirling her around twice in quick succession. “Don’t you remember this dance?”
“I don’t—wait a minute!” said Piggy. She executed a quick spin, circling him, and when she put her hand out his was there to catch it—and her. They castle-walked halfway across the stage, bodies moving in unison, and Kermit felt her sway against him, hearing the music that played in his head.
“First ending?” said Piggy.
“Huh uh,” said Kermit. “Second time through.” If Piggy had had eyebrows, they would have lifted in surprise, but she rose to the challenge, eyebrows or no. At the predetermined cue, Piggy kicked, her plump leg executing a perfect arc, and Kermit caught her just behind the knee, dipping her down to the floor. He smiled at her, his hand warm on her leg.
“Kiss me,” he demanded, and Piggy shot him a warning look.
“Look you—“ she began, but when Kermit showed signs of dropping her, Piggy put both arms around his neck and kissed him. They were still kissing when Kermit righted them. Staring into each other’s eyes, they castle-walked back the way they had come.
“We used to go dancing,” Kermit murmured.
“We went last night.”
Kermit made a scrunchy face.
“Not what I meant. How come we don’t go dancing anymore—like this?”
“You’re always working,” murmured Piggy, but she said it with such matter-of-factness that Kermit felt a pang, knowing it was true. He was silent for a moment, but his arms tightened around her. They danced to the end of the routine in silence, but when they stopped, Kermit did not loose his hold on her.
“About that,” he said softly. “I never meant—“
What Kermit meant would never be said. There was the sound of clapping from the wings of the stage and the The Frogs startled and looked toward the sound.
Seymour Strathers stepped out of the dimness, clapping and smiling delightedly.
“Wonderful! Wonderful!” he said. “Don’t stop on account of me.”
Piggy and Kermit broke apart. Piggy’s cheeks were flushed becoming, but she stepped forward, rapidly regaining her diva persona.
“Seymour,” she cried. “How nice of you to come around to see us!” She held out her hands to him and batted her eyelashes once.
“That was—that was terrific!” said the casino owner, taking her hands in his. “Is that the new number for tonight’s show?”
Kermit and Piggy exchanged looks and sighs. Show biz had few secrets.
“Um, no,” said Kermit, stepping up beside Piggy. “We were just…um, going over an old routine.”
“Well it was just wonderful to watch you two!” said Mr. Strathers. “I know I should have announced myself, but you were dancing when I came in and, well, I didn’t want to interrupt."
Piggy’s blush became more pronounced, but she covered quickly by stepping back. He did not let go of her hands for a moment and Piggy looked up in surprise. Her wide-eyed gaze seemed to stun him for a moment, then he remembered himself and let go of her hands hastily.
“Oh! Sorry. I just…sorry.” He turned to Kermit. “Um, Scooter sent out some great press releases this morning. We’re getting calls out the wazoo!”
“Sounds painful,” muttered Kermit, but he roused himself and put on a professional smile. “That’s—that’s great! We’re really excited about the show.”
“The show is about to sell out for the whole run,” he continued enthusiastically. “I don’t suppose there’s any way you’d consider extending your stay.”
Fat chance of that, thought Piggy dismally. Kermit had been worried about the production schedule for the new movie, so there was no way—
“That might be a possibility,” said Kermit. Piggy stared.
“Really?” said Mr. Strathers.
“Really?” said Piggy. She shook herself slightly and closed her mouth. Kermit reached for her hand without looking at her, holding it tightly.
“Really,” said Kermit firmly. “Let me talk to the studio and see what they say. If things are sluggish there, we could probably give you a few days.”
“Great!” said Mr. Strathers. “That’s just great!” He beamed at Kermit and Piggy, obviously thrilled. “My partners and I hoped that you’d consent to staying just a little longer. I’d hate to lose you…two. And the show, of course.”
Kermit noted with dissatisfaction the way his eyes lingered on Piggy, and stepped between them without quite seeming to do so.
“Sure thing, Seymour. I’ll check it out and get back to you.”
“Right,” said the casino owner hastily. “Then, um, I’ll just go.”
“Fine,” said Kermit, his voice carefully neutral. Mr. Strathers nodded twice in quick succession, then turned and strode back the way he had come, his footsteps echoing hollowly on the polished floor. They heard the door open and close, then Kermit turned and looked at Piggy, his expression unreadable.
“Would you like that, Piggy?” he asked. “Would you like to stay here a little longer?”
“I like doing the live show,” Piggy said softly. She smiled, and slipped her warm little hands beneath his frill. “And I always like to be where you are, Mon Capitan.”
He smiled, looking happy. “That’s what I like to hear,” he teased. “Come on. Let’s go call the studio, hm?”

Thoreau worked over the little piece of silk in his hands as tenderly as if it were a baby. It might as well have been, for any rough handling would ruin it. While he worked, he muttered and fussed and cooed, his long, slim fingers rolling the seams under expertly. Although usually highly territorial, Piggy had conceded the use of her large dressing room with surprisingly little fuss, and Thoreau had made himself quite at home. On the dressing table far, far away from where he sewed, a steaming mug of tea perched, pervading the room with the rich apricot smell. Thoreau looked at it longingly, but he could not disentangle his fingers until this entire seam was stitched, so he put his head down and redoubled his efforts. At last, with a self-satisfied sigh, the dressmaker sat back and stretched luxuriously. After carefully popping his neck he stood, putting his hands over his head and reaching as high as he could. That done, he bounced a little on his toes to get the kinks out and wandered over to sip his still-steaming tea with relish.
There was a knock on the door, and Thoreau turned.
“Come,” he called, expecting Piggy, but was pleased to see Mabel poke her nose into the room.
“Hey there, doll,” she said, trundling in with a tea pot. “Came to see if you needed a refill.”
“Not yet,” said Thoreau, “but give me a sec.” He drained the mug and held it out to the motherly mole. “Hit me,” he said.
“Well, I might,” said Mabel, obediently pouring, “if you don’t stop holing up in here all hunched up. Can’t be good for you.” She grabbed his free hand and dragged him after her. “Come in the kitchen, why doncha? Make a little civil conversation.”
Thoreau laughed. He had not been so expertly handled since—well, since Piggy had invited him to come by dangling the considerable carrot of dressing her impressive form. He followed Mabel to the kitchen to find a handful of the cast and crew sitting around munching and making desultory conversation.
Beaker waved and Thoreau waved back. Gonzo waved a fork, chewing industriously. Clifford was there, too, leaning his long rangy form against the counter. One of the chorus girls—lets see, this one was Amy Lu, the cute little pig—looked up and smiled in a friendly manner. She was no Piggy, but she was a good dancer with a tidy figure.
“Hello,” said Thoreau, a little shy at suddenly bursting into the crowd. Dr. Teeth pushed a chair toward him with one long leg.
“Take a load off,” said the bandmaster, then returned to his conversation with Clifford. Thoreau sat, and Mabel put a bowl of some sort of vegetable chowder in front of him. The smell of it made Thoreau almost light-headed with hunger and he realized belatedly that he had not eaten yet that day. He lifted the spoon to his mouth and tried not to let out a moan of pleasure as the flavor erupted on his tongue. He swallowed, his expression dreamy.
“Wow,” Thoreau said. Gonzo nodded at him. And Beaker gave a little chuckle behind his hand.
“See what you’re missin’?” Mabel said saucily. She put a hot roll in front of him.
“Oh no,” he said, horrified. “I don’t eat carbs.” But Mabel ignored him, and soon the smell of the bread had pervaded his head. Guiltily, Thoreau reached out and broke off a tiny piece, then put it on his tongue. He almost swooned, but recovered quickly and reached for another—slightly larger—piece. At least, he thought defiantly, it wasn’t buttered. Not that it needed to be. The soft bread practically melted in your mouth. Eventually the roll disappeared, along with the soup.
While he savored his soup, Thoreau listened to the conversations swirling around him. Sara and Scooter came in from touring the strip, looking drowsy and hot. Mabel poured them iced tea and Scooter sat. There wasn’t another chair in the tiny kitchenette, but Scooter simply pulled Sara onto his lap. The older males in the room kept their faces carefully neutral, but they were all thinking the same thing. Scooter sure has grown up, their expressions said.
This is like a family, Thoreau reflected. In the highly competitive entertainment industry, people paired or clumped for specific projects, but practically none of them stayed together for this length of time. He felt a surge of gladness that Piggy was so well-buffered from the outside world, especially since the outside world had turned somewhat hostile of late. Having an adoring public was great, but the public could be fickle. Fans were one thing, but families last. He continued to muse as the crowd dispersed, lost in thought.
“You need anything else, love?” asked Mabel, her small hand on her shoulderblade.
Thoreau shook his head and patted his trim abdomen.
“No,” he said. “Heaven forbid!”
Mabel laughed. “How ‘bout another roll?”
“No!” Thoreau insisted, holding up his hands to ward of another assault on his will-power. “I’m good!”
Mabel chuckled again and patted him on the shoulder. “I hear you’re better than good,” she teased. “Piggy says you’re the best.”
Thoreau flushed with pleasure. “Well,” he said. “I try.”
“Good boy,” said Mabel approvingly. She sat down near him, looking thoughtful. “Um, do you know a skinny guy wears a trenchcoat? Longish hair?”
Thoreau shuddered. “I hope not.” He peered at Mabel’s face, seeing something like anxiety there. “Why?”
“Nothin’,” she said distractedly. “Just—“
“Somebody bothering you, Mabel?”
“Me? No. Nobody’s botherin’s me.” She smiled, waving the goblins of worry away. “Listen to me. When there’s work to be done.” The mole stood up and wiped her hands on her apron. Thoreau stood, too.
“Speaking of work….”
He headed back toward Piggy’s dressing room. Hmmm, his mind pondered. Skinny guy in a trenchcoat. He might find a way to ask Piggy.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ooh... An update. How grand, how glorious, how... Robin's going to be in charge of the sound booth, yaey!
Question: Bunsen Honey? Did you mean Honeydew instead?

Rully liked it when Kermit and Piggy were dancing off on their own. Any song in particular? Cause I happen to have this one from TGMC I tend to associate with your name...
The note of surprise in Piggy when Kermit said he'd be dancing in Bop Till You Drop... And then her reaction when he said he'd be dancing with Janice that night instead.

Hmmm, wonder what Thoreau was working on that demanded such attention.
"Motherly mole", love that epiteth for Mabel.
Glad we got to see some of the cast gathered at the kitchenette and was very humanizing to have the dressmaker share a meal with the gang, even if he just sat there absorbing the soup and the conversations around him. That's something I liked.
Questions...
Amy Lou a cute little pig.
1 Amy Lou a pig? Thought she and the other chorus girls were Whatnot humanoids.
2 Or did you mean to say Annie Sue instead?
3 Mabel put her slender hand on her shoulderblade, um, did you mean she put her hand on Thoreau's instead?
4 "Amy Lou, that cute little pig.looked up", not sure but should there be a comma instead of a period there? Or one of your signature m-'s?

Rully cute the way Scooter offered himself as a seat for Sara, and was impressed at how the others approve of his growing up within that colorful community.
So now Thoreau's going to get in on the act of attempting to identify this mystery man in the trenchcoat. Hmmm... Wonder what'll happen next, hope we get to find out.

Thank Ru... All I have left to say is... More please!