Keeping glasses on your puppet

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
This is actually related to the Whatnot I bought 2 years ago, but since the people who read this might be more construction savvy than the other sections of the forum I thought I'd ask here. Anyway, I bought a whatnot and got the glasses for his eyes. But I asked that they not attach the features because I wanted to try a few arrangements and do it myself. Unfortnately I couldn't figure out a good way to attach the glasses. I don't know how they do it at the Whatnot workshop- do they just slather some hot glue to the ear pieces and slap it on the head? I tried sewing some loops of thread onto the head, and that works ok, but it the glasses still slide out once in a while. My next plan, yet to be implemented, is to bend 2 straight pins, glue them perpendicularly to each side of the glasses and then just stick the pins into the puppets head. The hard part will probably be just getting enough contact between the pins and the glasses to glue them together. Has anyone else tackle this or a similar problem? I'd be interested to hear how you handled it. Thanks!

Animal31

Reaction score
How about cutting a very thin line into the arms of the glasses for the thread to slip in?

This could solve the sliding problem.....

charlie bird

Reaction score
All they use at the whatnot workshop is hot glue to glue the features on.The boddy is actually made in china.What I would do is use velcro and make extra features.Jim heson was known to use double sided tape for the real deal whatnots.

Hope this helps

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
when I put glasses on puppets I sew the two sticky-things (technical term) on at the back near where the ears are/ought to be & then I sew the bridge down to the nose. That way I can always remove them & I'm not dealing with potentially unsightly hot glue.

doing the 3 points should keep it in place. Like a toddler in a car-seat.

Melonpool

Reaction score
I thought I was the only one who sewed my toddler into the car seat.