• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • "Muppets Now" premieres on Disney+
    The Muppets fifth series of all time debuted on Disney+. Make plans to watch one of the most anticipated shows of the year. New episodes premiere every Friday through September 4.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • 50 Years and Still Sunny!
    Read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the all-new Sesame Street documentary "50 Years and Still Sunny!" hosted by Gloria Estefan.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn, Apple, Amazon and Google. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

Just call me Mr. Johnson

DTF

Reaction score
This really happened - okay, not exactly, but after having a dryer delivery postponed 4 times (and finally cancelling and getting a new one somewhere else) due to manufacturer not shipping anything, I told people it was beginning to feel like Mr. Johnson, the fat blue muppet whom Grover always (mis)served in old school Sesame Street skits. I wasn't sure if this belonged in fan fiction or here, but here is how it would go:

Grover comes as I have a bunch of clothes that have been washed; they are sitting in a hamper and I am waiting at my door for the new dryer.

Grover says my dryer is not here yet. I say I need my clothes dry because I just ran the wash expecting it to come when it was supposed to.

So, Grover then proceeds to ramble about how other things besides a dryer can dry clothes. The Sun for instance because it is so hot.

I then point out that it is cloudy out so he pulls out a lamp and places it right over the clothes. "See, my good Sir, you cannot touch the bulb because it is very hot once it is on for a moment."

I insist that a lamp is not going to be as good as the sun because there is so little heat involved it would take years - even centuries!

So then, Grover says that wind can also dry clothing; air drying is quite possib le, after all. He then brings a huge fan in from his truck.

That simply blows my wet clothes and everything else around because it is so big!

so, then I would say to look at my clothes that I have on, and to feel them. They are dry, and I explain the difference for perhaps the second or third time between dry and wet. I then insist that I want these clothes that are wet and these clothes I have on that are dry to match.

After which Grover seems to finally understand, and then (you maybe saw this coming from the moment you started reading :smile: ) Grover throws a big bucket of water on me so that the clothes I have on or the same as my washed and yet not dried clothing.