Johnny, Sal and Bear on Telethon

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Bear performed about 8:30am CST. It was really good. Like his appearances in the past on MDA, he sang three songs including the Goodbye song at the end (always my favorite). However, this year instead of trying to teach the kids the Cha-cha-cha, he just let them dance their own dance. Very cute!

I love that they let Bear around the kids. It's so sweet watching some of them run up to him and hug him.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I watched Bear too. Made me happy to see they had entertainment for the young kids too. Bear did a great job.:smile:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Hey all,

I didn't see the Johnny and Sal appearance last night, but Tivo got a bunch of the telethon for me this evening, and there was another segment with Johnny and Sal. Did anyone else see this? It was really unusual at the end, because Bill and Brian stood up and took a bow (at the request of Jerry Lewis). :eek:

Surprising, but way cool. :cool:

McFraggle

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Hey all,

I didn't see the Johnny and Sal appearance last night, but Tivo got a bunch of the telethon for me this evening, and there was another segment with Johnny and Sal. Did anyone else see this? It was really unusual at the end, because Bill and Brian stood up and took a bow (at the request of Jerry Lewis). :eek:

Surprising, but way cool. :cool:
I saw about the last half of it. It did seem to be kind of strange at the end though. :confused:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I didn't see ANY of it, but remember in the old Ed Sullivan days, he would introduce Jim at the end of a sketch and he would come out with a puppet on his arm and take a bow.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I didn't see ANY of it, but remember in the old Ed Sullivan days, he would introduce Jim at the end of a sketch and he would come out with a puppet on his arm and take a bow.
Yeah, that's what I thought of too when I saw it, but I haven't seen them do anything like that in such a long time. It was really interesting.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I always thought, though, that the integrity of the Muppets was in that they were never seen with their performers, which DOES surprise me that they came on out from behind their puppets instead of being seen without them characters.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Yeah, it didn't seem like they had a lot of choice, since Jerry kind of motioned for them to take a bow and asked the audience to "give a hand to these two wonderful young men who do Johnny and Sal"--then Johnny and Sal had to resist this while in character, and then they basically just gave up and "went over there" while their human counterparts made a very brief appearance. I think they tried to hide the characters a little when they stood up...

McFraggle

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I think they tried to hide the characters a little when they stood up...
It did kind of seem that way. It was almost like they were turning away from the camera. :smirk: