Joey Calvan (the little girl who sang the alphabet with Kermit)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I remember Joey not only for her moment with Kermit, but roughly around the same time she and Snuffy recited the alphabet.
Snuffy needed help with his ABC's, and Bird wasn't around, so Joey stepped in. We found out Joey was six, (Snuffy said he was only four), and she held on to his snuffle, and she led him through the alphabet (no references to Cookie Monster, no kidding around, this was serious business!).

They make it through, Joey gives Snuffy a kiss on the snuffle and runs off. So sweet.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
So she'll be serious with Snuffy but not with Kermit. That's something to think about. But since Snuffy was considered 'imaginary' around the time, I guess she felt for him and wanted to take him seriously. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So she'll be serious with Snuffy but not with Kermit. That's something to think about. But since Snuffy was considered 'imaginary' around the time, I guess she felt for him and wanted to take him seriously. :smile:
Or maybe she was afraid of what someone as big as Snuffy might do if she did the same as she did to Kermit.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh, I doubt that. While Kermit always had a good heart, he is pretty notorious for losing his cool at times. While Snuffy's always been a big softie. The only time I've really seen him get mad was in the Miles adoption episode when Big Bird left him to help with Miles. I may be getting a bit off subject there, but I just thought I'd point that out.

aarei21475

Reaction score
Hello. I was just watching the Sesame Street 20th anniversary special (20 And Still Counting) the other night -- I hadn't really sat down and watched the whole thing since it originally aired. Anyway, they included a few of those "Muppet and kid moments" and in a couple cases (Herry and John-John, and a scene with Kermit and two young girls) they actually had these kids come on as adults (or however old they were in 1989) and John-John even counted with Herry again as an adult "for old times sake." They showed the clip of Kermit and Joey singing the alphabet -- I'm sure you know the one, "Q - R- Cookie Monster" with the letters of the alphabet superimposed on the screen, and they even made a graphic of Cookie Monster to be used in that scene. It's a great clip! Anyway, it got me curious because unlike the others, Joey did not make a current (1989) appearance in the special. I'm just curious about what happened to her, if she is still living, etc. I looked on line and at least was able to identify her as Joey Calvan. But I suppose if she wanted to be "found" she would have appeared on one of these retrospectives or done some kind of interviews somewhere along the way, right?
she is alive gordon nothing to worry about she has a facebook account under the name joy galvan thanking all of her fans that still remembers her. Strange it seems she replied that at 2011. But she said that if we join her group she will be more than willing to chat with us.

Mauricio0341

Reaction score
Hi! I found this video of the classic sesame street ´Hi Friend´.
Joey Calvan appears in that video (is the little girl whit
red jacket)

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Remember, most of the children from Sesame Street didn't become stars or big names or anything after they finished on the show, John John was in the military which is why most people know him but Joey would be harder to find

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Remember, most of the children from Sesame Street didn't become stars or big names or anything after they finished on the show, John John was in the military which is why most people know him but Joey would be harder to find
I thought John-John was somewhat more well-known because his segments seem to be some of the shows most memorable when it comes to segments with children.