Joey Calvan (the little girl who sang the alphabet with Kermit)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well... thank you. But, do you know if she's still alive or not??
No, I don't. Come to think of it, a few years ago, somebody had wondered why she wasn't reunited for the 20th anniversary special, and I wondered if maybe she'd died (though I do not know either way, hopefully she hasn't).

I think there's only a few kids who appeared on the show who have biographical information out there. Obviously any kid who went on to become a big (or fairly big) star, plus John "John John" Williams and kids who were the children of cast or crew members.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
No, I don't. Come to think of it, a few years ago, somebody had wondered why she wasn't reunited for the 20th anniversary special, and I wondered if maybe she'd died (though I do not know either way, hopefully she hasn't).

I think there's only a few kids who appeared on the show who have biographical information out there. Obviously any kid who went on to become a big (or fairly big) star, plus John "John John" Williams and kids who were the children of cast or crew members.
Forget the case of the missing Gordon!! Forget who plays Astoria ( and the mystery of that)!! We've got a new mystery to solve: Has Joey Calvan died?

Gordon Matt

Reaction score
Okay, there's no need to panic. Just because someone hasn't surfaced as an adult after having made a few TV appearances as a child (and was otherwise not a public figure), that doesn't mean she's dead! Well, it doesn't mean she's not, either.

I did find this (scroll down to entry #52):

http://www.spiritoftheking.com/guestbook/guest-3.html

Now, of course, I have no idea if that's the same person or not, and the odds are probably against it. For one thing, she could likely have a different name now. But there may be any number of possible reasons we haven't heard from her since. Who knows, she may not want the attention. I'm reminded of the story of Harry Spear, one of the kids in the Our Gang films:

http://www.catsafterme.com/blog/archives/2098

Hopefully, she's doing well and happy, wherever she is now! (But hey, the internet is really cool, and if Sesame Workshop asked about the "test pilot Gordon" and found him, I guess anything is possible.)

EDIT: There is a "Josephine Calvan Orozco, '87" listed at the "Honor Roll Of Donors" (under "$5 to $249") at the Berleley College Of Environmental Design website:

http://ced.berkeley.edu/ced/alumni-friends/honor-roll-of-donors/2009-2010/

Last edited:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. Seems like there are a lot of mysteries concerning people who have been on SS in the early years.

Better call the Scooby-Doo gang. Lol.

Seriously though, it has been in question for many years who played Gordon in the test shows before Garrett Saunders was discovered. I also wonder about Debbie Chen who played Patty on "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street," but not much else is known about her. I also don't know why she didn't use her real name like other kids who were on the show at the time.

Then there's Chris. Not the Chris who's on the show now. The one with the speech impediment who talked to Grover on CESS and had the 'reindeer theory' on how Santa fit down the chimneys. I think he appeared on other sketches with Grover as well.

The list goes on and on.