JHH episode guides

Rowlf+Buster

Reaction score
Hey I was just wondering if any of you guys had a detailed episode guide of this great series, in full detail and covering all episodes.Thanks:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Seems to me you should check out the personal profile for the member known as jediX. He's got a link in his sigline to his JHH site with episode guides.
Hope this helps. If not, you could always contact him via PM or E-mail to get the link or to the site itself.
Have a good day.

jediX

Reaction score
I forgot to mention: if there is a demand, I can continue the project and post a few more guides I have in-the-works. It just seemed that last time I attempted a revival of the guide, nobody seemed all that interested.

jediX

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
Where can we get JHH on Video or DVD?
Two reasons why you can't get them on dvd:

1) There just isn't demand. Everyone knows of TMS and Fraggle Rock, but if you say "I love 'The Jim Henson Hour'," 99.999% of the time they will say "the what?"

2) Since the episodes are broken into halves (with a few exceptions), it would be more-or-less impossible right now to get them out in entirety. The Jim Henson Company still maintains the rights to the Storyteller segments, so the most of those episodes that could be shown would end up being the first halves. I'm not entirely sure who owns the rights to the movie episodes ('Monster Maker,' 'Living w/ Dinosaurs'). Would Disney release an incomplete and disjunct "season" set? Probably never.

Right now all you can do to get these episodes is to set up a video trade off this site. I used to do trades, but I no longer do them.

Beauregard

Reaction score
How many JHH episodes were there?

Were they better than Muppet's Tonight?

jediX

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
How many JHH episodes were there?

Were they better than Muppet's Tonight?
10 with Muppets, 2 that were hour-long mini-movies, and a Sesame special that (personally) I don't consider to be part of the series since it is entirely different.

In my opinion, yes, they were. MT had its moments (Bobo, Rizzo, and Cindy Crawford's closet "Cyrano Debergerat" bit being one of the all-time most hilarious Muppet moments), but I overall prefer JHH because of childhood memories. I am constantly asked "why do you like that show? It isn't as funny as [show]!" Simply, I grew up watching my tape with episodes on it over and over, memorizing large portions of episodes, and ultimately deciding to mimic the show in my own work (the first "show" I ever made, I made in 1993). Honestly, if it had not been for JHH hooking me on Muppets, I don't know if anything else would have (other than Fraggles... I was hooked on them from the time I first saw them when I was two). Right now I am at college to study video editing because that has been something that I have always loved doing -- primarily because of how big of an impact JHH had on me.

Being from the Jim era, the writing was much tighter on the show and I especially like the characters that never made it to other shows. I long for the day that Digit and Leon will appear out of nowhere and surprise me.

Refer to my guide for quotes, character, and episode guides.