Jerry Nelson Recasts

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
Horace D' Fly said:
I don't know if they would with Sesame Street characters or Bear in the Big Blue House puppeteers. That seems a little far out there for this movie. :boo:
No I meant that they would be auditioning puppeteers from those shows not use characters from them silly! :smile: :embarrassed:

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
???

Well there are a lot of questions in my mind, mostly because in the last 5-6 years I have not really kept up with the Muppets and are starting to get back into it now that I see changes I do not like.

I had no idea that Jerry was thinking of retiering, I was wonderig if perhaps any one knows if he is sick/ ill or just getting to old to keep performing. It is very hard for me to get used to the new voice tailents, and speaking for myself I hope they bring back a lot of characters.

I can do a real good Floyed, Sam the Eagel, kermit, and Dr. Teeth ( Dr. T is not my best). I am currently working on Fozzy Bear but I haven't got him down pat yet. Of course I have tried for years now to get a job with the Muppets, Henson Co. but lack the experience that they require.

I hope that the voices are as good as the original so that it wont seem to strange for us older Muppet fans.

"I can't go on forever, and I really do not want to try." _ Willy Wonka

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The Good Doctor said:
I can do a real good Floyed, Sam the Eagel, kermit, and Dr. Teeth ( Dr. T is not my best). I am currently working on Fozzy Bear but I haven't got him down pat yet. Of course I have tried for years now to get a job with the Muppets, Henson Co. but lack the experience that they require.
http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=16449
I started this thread just for folks who want to work there.

Normally, companies like that hire from within their own group before they hire from outside of the company. I hope that they have someone come on board that can be 'trained' by Jerry Nelson as his understudy, and wish Princess Melora could give us more info (please).

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
:boo: I have been know for doing all the muppets voices when I read to my nieces and nephews. (all but gonzo his voice is very hard.) And it was bound to happen, I only wished later, but I understand. I was there when Sesame Street first aired to today.
And watched the first episodes of Saturday Night Live when the muppets was on there. The Muppet show to Fraggle Rock to all the movies that Jerry appeared in.
(even one Jim Henson's Storyteller episode had Jerry himself as an actor.)

I think that he was with the muppets, along with Frank Oz, and Jerry Juhl for a long time and deserves a Star on the Hollywood walk of fame.
:sing:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Rowlf's Roadie said:
I haven't seen the Halloween DVD yet, but Danny Horn has and says that Jerry's credited for Mumford, but only did the voice. :smirk:
I know what you're talking about. I saw it at a mall yesterday. It sounds really good. I'd like to watch it sometime. It would be nice to see Caroline Rhea playing a witch once again. Anyway, I'm falling into my usual habit of getting off topic. Actually, I didn't think the DVD was so new. I thought it was something that came out when Jerry's characters were still intact. I guess I was wrong. It's good that Jerry's still performing the voice of Mumford.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i've read all these posts and haven't found anything on why Jerry is no longer doing the voices of the older characters he's done. why is that?

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
i've read all these posts and haven't found anything on why Jerry is no longer doing the voices of the older characters he's done. why is that?
Jerry is just retiring. He is older and his health is not that great, and he would not rather travel anymore. He is going to stay on at Sesame Street, and that is it. :sing:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
they did recast his Lew Zeland character, and they've re-recast Statler sometimes when Jerry's unable to perform him...
Jim and Richard originally did Statler and Waldorf, then when they died, Steve and Dave did them I thought... when did Jerry voice Statler?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Jim and Richard originally did Statler and Waldorf, then when they died, Steve and Dave did them I thought... when did Jerry voice Statler?
Jerry orginally did Statler with Jim. Richard took over after for the first season of the Muppet Show; and then when Richard passed away Jerry took the character back. Jerry has had statler from Richards death until 2003(when he started to step back). Here is a list of who (to the best of my knowledge) has done Statler and Waldorf and when.

Statler
Jerry Nelson (1975)
Richard Hunt (1976-1992)
Jerry Nelson (1992-2003)
Bill Barretta (2003)
Steve Whitmire (2003-present)

Waldorf
Jim Henson (1975-1990)
Craig Shemin (1990)
Dave Goelz (1991-present)