Jerry Nelson Recasts

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Someone from within the ranks of the puppeteers already hired. And, seriously, I don't know if it would be Henson or Disney conducting the auditions at this point since it's regarding Muppets.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well what about the guy who took over for Mr. sunfupugyugus in SS befor Marty R. roberson.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Rowlf's Roadie said:
I haven't seen the Halloween DVD yet, but Danny Horn has and says that Jerry's credited for Mumford, but only did the voice. :smirk:
I thought that's what Jerry's been doing these days, someone preforming the puppet, while he dubs the voices. I think sometimes Caroll Spinney does that, because sometimes I notice it's Matt Vogel's Big Bird you hear and see on screen, then suddenly, it's switched to Caroll's voice.

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Someone from within the ranks of the puppeteers already hired. And, seriously, I don't know if it would be Henson or Disney conducting the auditions at this point since it's regarding Muppets.
Do you mean guys like Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire, and Bill Barretta? They can't be just auditioning them, they have to be also looking at other puppeteers. Also, it must be Henson doing the auditions because they would be the only ones who would know what to look for in a replacement.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Henson might be looking at some of the back up muppetterrs that do alot of the back muppets in scens they might have some reall talented people that just have not had the right opprutuity to show what kind of skills they really have. If Henson is in dire need of puppeters they would more then likey trun to Puppeters of America for Auditons.

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
Henson might be looking at some of the back up muppetterrs that do alot of the back muppets in scens they might have some reall talented people that just have not had the right opprutuity to show what kind of skills they really have. If Henson is in dire need of puppeters they would more then likey trun to Puppeters of America for Auditons.
Yeah, I agree that they must be looking at their backup puppeteers to replace the characters. I bet they are also looking at Sesame Street and Bear in the Big Blue House guys.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
very interesting news. I'll be sad to see jerry retire fully, but it's nice that they are at least thinnking about continuing his characters now, instead of ten + years after the fact...

Xerus

Reaction score
It's kind of like how classic Disney characters like Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Minnie, now have a new generation of voice actors doing them since all the original voice actors who did them have passed away. It makes us wonder who'll be performing these Muppets a thousands years in the future.

Horace D' Fly

Reaction score
Wocka...whatever

WOCKA2416 said:
Yeah, I agree that they must be looking at their backup puppeteers to replace the characters. I bet they are also looking at Sesame Street and Bear in the Big Blue House guys.
I don't know if they would with Sesame Street characters or Bear in the Big Blue House puppeteers. That seems a little far out there for this movie. :boo: