Jerry Nelson Recasts

Princess Melora

Reaction score
Jerry will continue to perform the Count on Sesame Street, but there were auditions this week for his other characters (with Jerry's blessing). No word yet on who will be doing what.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update as always Princess Melora!

Princess Melora

Reaction score
Glad to help!

Also glad also you got the "Princess Melora" reference. *The Frog Prince* is one of my favorite Muppet productions, especially Jerry's Robin.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Princess Melora said:
Jerry will continue to perform the Count on Sesame Street, but there were auditions this week for his other characters (with Jerry's blessing). No word yet on who will be doing what.
Do you mean his Sesame characters or his Muppet Show characters? If so, which ones :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Princess Melora said:
Will you notify us of the changes once they take place, please?

If anybody has ever written Jerry and got a response, you'll kow he's absolutely one of the kindest, most cool people ever!! The kind of guy you just want to hang out with and talk for hours on end. Awesome guy, perfect performer!

Gotta love me some Jerry Nelson!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Jerry was always one of my favorite muppeteers... though I never had a least favorite...I don't really know how to feel.

If it brings back characters like Sherlock Hemlock (I doubt it) and Herry Monster, it could be good news. I hope Jerry's doing alright, still....

edit... they did recast his Lew Zeland character, and they've re-recast Statler sometimes when Jerry's unable to perform him...

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
i would LOVE to do Flyod and Robin...i do a pritty mean Flyod and Robin if i do say so myself! :big_grin: quick how do i sign up? :excited:

Convincing John

Reaction score
I can do Scred's voice...but I don't think he's gonna be showing up on Sesame Street anytime soon.:crazy:

Hmmm...Scred on Elmo's World...

Convincing John

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I LIKE it!

of course, Elmo's world needs some sick and twisted humor...hehe

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Will you notify us of the changes once they take place, please?

If anybody has ever written Jerry and got a response, you'll kow he's absolutely one of the kindest, most cool people ever!! The kind of guy you just want to hang out with and talk for hours on end. Awesome guy, perfect performer!

Gotta love me some Jerry Nelson!!
Hey Fozzie, i would LOVE to write to Jerry Nelson, althoughi don't have has mailing address.. or a place to contact him. Can you PLEASE help me? He did the voice for my favorit Mupet of all time... Gobo... and (if you read the FraggleRocker.com forum) theres an internet show a bunch of people are doing, for fun. its an Audio show of Fraggle Rock. I play two characters, Boober, and Gobo. So if theres any way u can help a fellow member out... lemme know. thank you :smirk: