It's Official: Series 9 & 10 Announced!

camax

Reaction score
I'm not super excited by Series 9 by the characters alone. Palisades, however, has this great way of making fantastic sculpts of all the Muppets and changing my opinion. :zany:

Series 10!! Sal with Penguin and cheese. Omigosh! I have wanted that figure for soooooo long! Mr. Manila is easily my most anticipated figure since Pepe. Three repaint possibilities just make him more exciting. Must have for me.

Very looking forward to Uncle Deadly. Can't get much more classic of a figure than that. Very likely must have.

Doctor Bob, Nurse Piggy, Vets Hospital with Nurse Janice. I'm really liking that idea. I'm sure it'll be a great set, and I'll be easily persuaded when I see Palisades take on it. :crazy:

With the Electric Mayhem and Rowlf as minis, that may actually get me to invest in some minis finally too! ARGH!

Great work Palisades! And thanks for updating http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2003/tms_figures.shtml all in one place. :smile:

jediX

Reaction score
AWESOME. Forget Bear on Patrol, I want Sal and all those other guys NOW! :smile:

"Classic" Yorick definately is the best choice for him:wink:

Chilly Down said:
Anyway, very much looking forward to the continuation of this line. Now if only Henson Productions would listen to the fans as much as Pallisades...
By doing what, scrapping that terrible Wizard of Oz idea? :wink:

And what the heck is a robot-busting Bunsen?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
A few more things, why do I always feel like Uncle from the Jackie Chan Adventures when I make these posts???

1 Chilly Down, the thing is that there have been only 2 Kermits in the regular lineup: Kermit (S1) and Captain Smollet (S7); and you could argue that Reporter Kermit (S4) would make it three if you add up the "Fifth Figure" designation for that extra figure for each line that doesn't have a playset released after it.
All the rest are just exclusives.
2 JediX, Robot Buster Bunsen appeared in a sketch on MT where he and Beaker had to tame a rogue Robot Abraham Lincoln made by Muppet Labs.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Luke

Reaction score
Chilly Down said:
So the Scoutmaster Kermit and the Robot Buster Bunsen sound like the only useless figures in this collection.
They might not float your boat but I think useless is a harsh word. A lot of people really like the themed variants and both of these are fun ones that are visually very strong and will draw a lot of attention at retail from casual store browsers as well as fans. What makes a succesful action figure is not always a signature look, especially when it's being sold as an exclusive in a non-speciality store.

King Prawn

Reaction score
Palisades are so great, they took out a simple accessorie like a fishing Pole from Frog Scout Robin and knowing how much the fans wanted it decided to give it to Scoutmaster Kermit. I'm loving the SCout themes.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Is it Sam and Friends Yorick (Which I doubt) or that one from the Christopher Reeves episode?

P

Philo and Gunge

Fozzie Bear said:
Is it Sam and Friends Yorick (Which I doubt) or that one from the Christopher Reeves episode?
I'm hoping it's S&F Yorick, I hated the Christopher Reeves Yorick. But I think it is. :frown:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
They are aware of the difference and it's safe to say the purple is the preferred version. Fingers crossed. I don't think they'd do it otherwise.

jediX

Reaction score
Exactly, elsewise its just a skull.

beaker

Reaction score
weird seeing a list of planned or tentative figures thru the end of 2004...I must admit, that its hard to get excited about figures that wont be here for at least a year from now...tho that series 10 is probably the most exciting series listed.
Just wish the Sal/penguin, Uncle Deadly and other figures could come sooner than later, but I can see why there is so many variants of the 'main 4' for selling point purposes.

One thing I find extremely puzzling...no other licencees mentioned. Hasnt various people from JHC been happy with the sculpts thus far? How could Palisades, now that theyve proven themselves, not gotten any licence they want?

I like the mini muppet figures coming up...I still and will always fell these should be articulated...again back to my point that instead of 4 figures every few months, we'd get quite a lot more individually blistered like world of springfield or star wars universe. but people want large so there ya go.

Btw, what the heck are java muppets? they arent listed on kermitage...as well,
a Yorick figure eh? Hmmm cool to see Muppets being made from 50 years ago, heh.

But yeah, hopefully by toy fare they will announce more licencees bought, as at least sesame figures are coming out.