Is Jerry Nelson still performing?

Thijs

Reaction score
That`s a good question. If Frank retires, who is going to do Bert, Cookie and Grover? Erik jacobsson?

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tommie
That`s a good question. If Frank retires, who is going to do Bert, Cookie and Grover? Erik jacobsson?
Eric has been performing Bert and Grover. David has been performing Cookie Monster.

WiGgY

Reaction score
What's the word on AVMMC DVD? Is one comming out anytime soon, or ever for that matter? If so, what are the chances of getting all the cut scenes on the DVD with a feature that lets you watch them where they were cut like the Austin Powers DVD? I'd buy it in a heart beat if it had that as a feature, especially since it seems all the best stuff was left out.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A VMMC (Very Merry Muppet Christmas) DVD is scheduled to be released next fall. As far as extras, it is too early to tell what will actually make it on the disc.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
It's funny some of the best dialogue and scenes get cut, but the horrific slow and destracting Heaven scene in the opening stayed. I think the fake Croc hunter and a number of other things should have ended up on the cutting room scene...to me the travesty wasnt Snoop Dogg being in it, it was some of the abhoirrent throw away pop culture references and cameos.
I agree with some of the references making what could be a timeless film suddenly become dated. One day soon, Crocodile Hunter won't be known anymore, and folks are going to wonder what the heck is going on. Just like the "Hulkamania" junk in MFS!! That made me angry, and it wasn't even funny. Also, I felt that Whoopi was okay as God (after being promoted from Nun?) and the main problem there was that the writing could have made her be more compassionate. That actually was a note made by a friend of mine who isn't quite so religious, too!!

I hope in the future, they leave out the modern junk that will put a time-frame to the movie and just roll with it. That's why I try NEVER to write dates into anything I do, if it's a past date, fine, but I'll always ALWAYS write "Present Day"...which, of course, will be noticed that it ISN'T present day when it's viewed in the year--oh--2475!

WiGgY

Reaction score
I hated the Hulk thing too. Hulk was in a lot of 80's movies and now he's back. I hated that scene. I did like Whoopi as god though. The whole even god can't work a remote thing was funny. They could have cut alot of the heaven scene. Like the whole thing with betting Danny L ( :big_grin: ) Was gonna get in trouble. That was really stupid, poorly acted, and not needed to extend the story.

I don't think putting in timely stuff ruins a movie, but stuff like the Hulk does. I mean not everyone in the future will know who half the people in the Muppet Movie are, but the parts the guest stars did were done well. When no one knows who the Hulk is, all that will be left is the bad acting.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
if they do a dvd of the christmas movie, hope they can show the electric mayhem scene..i'd love to see what the band is saying to snoop..

ryan

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
i bet he's telling EM to update their act and to try some hip hop or sometihng.:big_grin:

Sarah

matleo

Reaction score
I spoke to a friend of mine last night who works for Henson, she said that Jerry is doing well and not to worry, but certainly send the good energy and the positive karma.

--Matt

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
YAAAAAAAAAAAAY THAT'S REALLY GOOD TO HEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah