Is anyone interested in a great books thread?

dmx10101

Reaction score
jediX said:
I've never been scared by a book, but watching The Exorcist at like 2am when you live near a cemetery is a BAD idea.
Right, Make sure the surround sound is turned up and your alone.

Beauregard

Reaction score
dmx10101 said:
Right, Make sure the surround sound is turned up and your alone.
...without any popcorn, and in a spooky castle...

Beebers

Reaction score
I stupidly watched the original Psycho one night while living alone and had read the original book around the same time. I was 18 and had to shower at a neighbor's for weeks afterward with people in the house, (not in the shower), I could not shower home alone for a long time.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Beau, or anybody, how much of Tom Clancy's stuff is ghostwritten?

Manda:-D

Reaction score
YAAY!!! Lots of Agatha Christie readers....(Beau, Then There Were None IS kinda scary, but that's why I love it!) When I was 12, I went from reading Nancy Drew to Agatha Christie, and I still enjoy picking up one of her books now & then and reading them!

I'd like to go ahead & reccomend Isaac Asimov, particularly I, Robot. You do't have to be a sci-fi fan to find it enjoyable, but it may not hurt! Robot Dreams, his short story collection, is good as well.

Beebers

Reaction score
I forgot about Nancy Drew, God, they were great. I did the same thing, natural progression from N.D. to Aggie I think, especially for early/avid readers.

:cool:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
jediX said:
I don't really read many novels mainly because of the mass of school books I have to read, but I'm really enjoying Lord of the Rings right now. Elsewise, a couple of my faves have been Johnny Tremain, And Then There Were None, and Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (the ONLY SW book I accept as canon to the series).
I looooooooved Shadows of the Empire! It's the only one I really ever read of books outside the series. I always liked the history about what happened but I never really got into the books (even though I own a bunch of em). And I know what you mean about school books. I never have time to read during the semester. I can barely get through one book because the only time I have to read is while I'm in class waiting for it to start!

jediX

Reaction score
When you get 45 pages of Greek Mythology (equal to about 70 pages of a novel) per night you don't get much/any novel time! :wink:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
jediX said:
When you get 45 pages of Greek Mythology (equal to about 70 pages of a novel) per night you don't get much/any novel time! :wink:
And how! That sounds like an interesting class at least!