Immortalizing killers

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
ok- this started on a IM with JediX and Berrylee

Can you name the Columbine killers? you know, the ones that went on the shooting rampage like 8 years ago?
If you can my point is proven. If not- GOOD

The media is immortalizing them, thats just what they wanted. It even said in one of there e-mails. They keep brining it up- not just how to make schools more safe (very important) but who they were, what they did, their interests, their childhood- they are like a celebrity. I guess they do it to kinda understand what went though their mind, but I kinda see it as justifing it. Even if you dont remember them (and thank God you dont- im not even going to mention their names) You remember other killers dont you? ones that happened in your home town or what ever. Usually cuz the media keeps bringing it up year after year after year.

Another question- do you remember the people that they killed? can you even name one? there was 15 of them. I can only name one. THEY ARE THE ONES WHO SHOULD NEVER NEVER BE FORGOTTEN- THEY are the ones who should be remembered every year, their names read, there bios read (so on and so forth) but no- even when the anniversary comes along its a simple sentence of "remember those lost on that day" (all of 2 seconds) and then the next half hour talking about the killers and who they were and so on and so forth... it makes me very angry

Anyone elce feel this way?

Tonichelle

Reaction score
no I don't think the media has... yes they make mention of the 'Columbine Shootings' but rarely if ever do they talk about the boys by name... it is just normally 'when two students shot and killed classmates and teachers before turning the guns on themselves'

the media did a very good job at villifying the wrong people in the aftermath though...

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
that was another thing we were wondering- I wonder if its just a Colorado thing (JediX and I are from Colorado) they ALWAYS say their names and homelife ect...

But Im speaking in general of any thing like this

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
MuppetMarc said:
Happened before I was born and never heard of it.
You were born after 1999? wow, you are young! (nothing wrong with that!)

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
Oh, I thought you said it happened in 1990. I'm sorry. I'm actually 14!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I can name one victim and one survivor: Cassie Bernall and Patrick Ireland. Can't believe it's been seven years already.

I remember coming home from school that afternoon (I was 13 and in 7th grade), turning on CNN and watching the footage from Littleton. It was creepy. It was not too long after the school shootings at Jonesboro.

And now that new shooting at Platte Canyon...poor Emily Keyes. That guy who did it sounds like he was really twisted.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Just heard on CNN: there's been another school shooting: a principal at a high school in Wisconsin was shot and killed by a student.

This is insane; I mean, these things were pretty much back-to-back.

MrsWembly

Reaction score
I know what you mean, Krazedmuppet. The thing that bothers me the most is that the national crime rate could be at an all time low, but the media could be talking about it more than usual. I always find it interesting to compare the US to Canada and how the crime rate is so low there compared to us. Any thoughts as to why that is? :frown: