If you were to recast classic sitcoms with Muppets....

Foreignman

Reaction score
Senfeld

Jerry-Kermit
Elaine-Miss Piggy
George-Fozzie
Kramer-Gonzo

Hmmm... that wasn't as fun as I thought it would be...

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
That 70's Show:

Eric - Floyd
Donna - Janice
Hyde - Dr. Teeth
Fez - Animal
Kelso - Zoot
Jackie - Wanda
Red - J.P. Groose
Kitty - Mildred
Bob - The Witch Doctor from "Put the Lime in the Coconut"
Midge - The Blue Nurse from "Put the Lime in the Coconut"
Laurie - The Pink Nurse from "Put the Lime in the Coconut"

I would certanly watch this show...

uncleduke

Reaction score
Law and Order

So, it's not a sitcom.....
Fozzie as Lennie Briscoe
Gonzo as Det. Green
Janice as Lieutenant Van Buren

Kermit as Jack McCoy
Piggy as ADA Serena Southerlyn
George as DA Adam Schiff

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by WemblinKate

Ugh! That would mean that Red and Boober would be married and that DOES NOT WORK in my book!

No, no, no! Don't get me started on how Red and Gobo need to get together, ok?

(Sorry, I get a little touchy when it comes to the what-Fraggles-are-destined-to-be-together-thing)

Besides, Red isn't very Monica like, not many characters are like Monica. What can we say, she's one crazy girl!?
But Red's more grounded than Piggy, and is crazy and zany in her own ways (Monica with neurosity, Red with athletics, lol). And no, she and Boober wouldn't get married, I was just castin' this from character likenesses.

Course, she and Gobo would never get married, either...

:wink:

Now don't you get me started!

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man

But Red's more grounded than Piggy, and is crazy and zany in her own ways (Monica with neurosity, Red with athletics, lol). And no, she and Boober wouldn't get married, I was just castin' this from character likenesses.

Do Fraggles even get married? I mean, there were Doozer couples and Gorg couples, but were there any Fraggle couples? How do Fraggles get born anyway? I knew that FR was a big free love hippie commune all along!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
Do Fraggles even get married? I mean, there were Doozer couples and Gorg couples, but were there any Fraggle couples? How do Fraggles get born anyway? I knew that FR was a big free love hippie commune all along!
We'll never know for sure . . .

WemblinKate

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
First of all, they don't really get married. You see, what we decided the last time we had this conversation at the old forum was that Fraggles have a much different, um, maturity growth than us humans. While we spend most of our lives as adults, they spend most of theirs as children. It's not until the end of their "cycle" (this has been referred to in many an episode) that their mature and reproduce. Of course, that's only what a group of us came up with, you don't have to believe it, heck you can make up your own answer!

WemblinKate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man

Oh, I think this is gonna Have to go outside.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Night Court

Judge Harry Stone-Rowlf
Christine Sullivan-Mokey
Bull Shannon-Sweetums
Mac Robinson-Clifford
I still can't decide who would play Dan Fielding. Which Muppet could be that sleazy and likeable at the same time?

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Crazy Harry
...I still can't decide who would play Dan Fielding. Which Muppet could be that sleazy and likeable at the same time?
Don't know about Sleezy, but animal was certainly in touch with his primal instincts, much like Dan, and is certainly likable.