If you were a Muppet Show Guest Star...

jobi71

Reaction score
We have often heard that the guest stars on the Muppet Show were asked (some version of) is there a particular Muppet you would like to appear with, or some skill you would like to demonstrate?

This has what brought us priceless moments such as Rudlph Nureyev singing with Miss Piggy in a sauna and Beverly Sills hanging spoons with Gonzo on their nose.

So I ask you if you were a Muppet Show guest star who would you want to appear with? And before all sorts of false (and real) modesty take over - assume, for the sake of this question, if you want to sing a duet with Miss Piggy you have the vocal chops to do it. If you want to tap dance with Sweetums you have the skill to do so. Etc.

My choices?

I would like to appear on a panel discusion sketch (the subject could be just about anything) although the panelist would be myself, Miss Piggy, Bunsen Honeydew, and either Gorgon Heap (classic) or Big Mean Carl (modern) plus Kermit as moderator.

Plus I would like to appear in a number/sketch set At the Dance. Among the dancing couples would be Rowlf and his date; Zelda Rose and Blue Frackle; Mildred and George; plus several whatnots/frackles/chickens/penguins since that is what made the sketches so much fun.

And I would also have a brief exchange (ala Juliet Prwose) with Zoot.

I know I would not be the most exciting of guests. ;-)

What would you like to do?

rexcrk

Reaction score
I can't really think of a lot of different things I'd want to do at the moment... but I know for sure that I would have to do SOMETHING with Gonzo! That would just be too amazing :big_grin:

I do have some skill with the trumpet, I could see enjoying a trumpet duo with Lips!

BooberGypsy

Reaction score
I don't care what it world be that we'd do but ANYTHING with Animal haha. He's my all time favorite Muppet XD

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Would it be weird if I did a "Muppet Newsflash" with newsie? I'd like to do a newsflash, and have something odd happen to me (but not with as much violence as newsie gets!)​
I'd also like to hang out with Miss Piggy, Link, and Julius Strangepork! (Especially Mr. Strangepork!), and what about Bunsen & Beaker? That'd be fun too! Have a science experiment go wrong, and laugh at Beaker's expense!​

Hubert

Reaction score
This is a great idea, it's something I've often thought about. So here are some of my potential "requests:"

I just HAVE to do something with Beau. HAVE to. I don't care if it's a small sketch of dialogue, some sort of musical number with him, but I need to do something with him.

And I also wanna do a dance number with Thog (despite the fact that I can't even dance :stick_out_tongue:). And then at the end I wanna give him a big hug and fulfill my life's dream.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Hmmmm...

Well, I'd like to dance an "At the dance" Sketch with the bear of my dreams...
(Or Tango. I can tango.)

And... I will do ANYTHING with Miss Piggy!
Anything!

And, hey, maybe even a Muppet Labs thing with me Bunsen, and Beaker!

galagr

Reaction score
Anything with Lips. Or Crazy Harry. Or Sweetums. Or Thog. Or Behemoth. Or Beautiful Day Monster. Or Lew Zealand. Or Bobo........

Hubert

Reaction score
(Not to nitpick, but if a mod happens to be looking at this, could we please split up the words "guest" and "star" in the new title? It looks really strange...)

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'd love to sing a duet with Rowlf, even though I can't sing at all. They could clean that up in post-production.

And to rip off Hubert's ideas, slightly, I'd like to do something with Sweetums and then give him a giant hug. He may seem angry, but he's got a heart of gold. :grr: