If they were to make a new Muppet Babies....

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
Ok if they were going to make a new Muppet Babies, who would want to be in it, wound you want it animated, CGI, or with live-action Muppets, and what stories would you like to see them do?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Once the Muppet brand is back to where it should be and if they decided to make a new Muppet Babies cartoon...

I think a Sid the Science Kid approach to performance capture CG puppetry (the way Henson Co wanted to do a new Muppet Babies years back) would be my first choice.

My second choice would be a higher quality and stylish 2D animation with the same sort of live action clips placed in.

I would also like the world to be more expansive than just the nursery. Let the characters play outside instead of be shut-ins. They could meet more Muppet characters if allowed to go out to the playground. Personally, I'd like to see the characters hanging out in a tree house and doing more active things in their real world as well as their imaginations.

Just my take. I'm not much of a Babies fan, but that's the way I'd go. They've already worked their classic format. If brought back they should mix it up.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I remember that rumored new series we heard about in 2003 was going to be just that, a CGI motion capture puppetry deal. but that was years and years ago. Funny thing is, I like Muppet babies a lot more, but I think that Sesame Beginnings managed to be a little more novel... and it used actual puppets this time.

I wonder if there would be any working way to have an actual Muppet babies puppet project... be it a short 13 episode series or some sort of DTV feature... I'm just curious how it would be put together.

I wouldn't want it to change all that much from the original. More settings, moving them out of the nursery, sure... they need the scenery. But I did like the whole imagination aspect, where they did all those weird movie parodies and things like that. I don't want them to turn into a copy of Rugrats (Though, Rugrats DID borrow a few elements here and there from MB).

Plus, I'd hope there wouldn't be any annoying pressure to take away Bunsen and Beaker's Baby Counterparts... and I'd hate to see Baby Bean since even the writers didn't know what to do with him, and he didn't even resemble his adult for at all.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I'd only be interested in Muppet Babies in an animated format (either traditional or CG). A live-action format with puppets would only further lead to the confusion between the Classic Muppets which are supposed to be for adults and kids and the Babies which are kiddie-fare. Having the Babies represented as animation helps keep the defination between the two a bit more clear.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I think a CGI muppet babies would be great...but i would personally love to see them in puppet form
i agree with the set thing, put them outside let them meet others
but then i would change the cast a bit
maybe Have Kermit Fozzie Gonzo Rizzo and Pepe as babies in one nursery, with Piggy as the neighbor who always comes over and has a crush on Kermit with the others dropping in now and then for different adventures

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd only be interested in Muppet Babies in an animated format (either traditional or CG). A live-action format with puppets would only further lead to the confusion between the Classic Muppets which are supposed to be for adults and kids and the Babies which are kiddie-fare. Having the Babies represented as animation helps keep the defination between the two a bit more clear.
I see your point, though I keep saying them Play-a-long videos they made in the 80's didn't help anything either... I wounder what it would look like in the format of a pretty good budget DTV movie or something.

If it was animated, I'd hope they can get back as many of the original VA's as possible... but if they were to do a CGI motion capture puppetry show, I wonder how it would fare with the actual muppet performers voicing their respective characters.

unclematt

Reaction score
I would want to see more Muppets involved. I think a baby Sam would be cute. I would also want to see the rest of the Mayhem and possibly even a baby Pepe added to the mix.

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
I think baby versions of characters from other Henson shows would work, too! :smile:

unclematt

Reaction score
I have always thought a baby Telly and Harry Monster would be cool and a puppy Barkley