If they were to make a new Muppet Babies....

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
I like the thought of Pepe as a Muppet Babies character, too.

BTW, what would some of those characters we mentioned (i.e. Sid and his classmates) look like as babies?

beakerboy12

Reaction score
If they did make a new Muppet Babies, Rizzo and Pepe babies have to be included!:rolleyes::shifty:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Again... we must remember overall character dynamic. Sure, the Muppet show was able to get away with hundreds of characters... but I don't know if the same thing would work for a cartoon series where almost everyone has to be in every episode. Perhaps if they pulled a Bunsen and Beaker and made some characters just visit from time to time there would be a better flow.

Plus, I really think that certain characters should have a variation of age, much like Janice had. I could see Dr. Teeth as a kid no older than 7, looking after the kids like his brothers and sisters... I could see (and I mentioned this before) a Teenage Sam who acts older than he thinks he is babysitting and bossing the kids around. And I could see Pepe being slightly younger than the rest, but acting like he's more mature romantically than the others.

Chef I don't see as a kid. 20's or so, maybe... younger than Uncle Statler and Waldorf definitely. Maybe he can be a pizza delivery boy or something. I could see that.

muppet baby

Reaction score
i like pepe as a baby! :big_grin:
I love that , that would be sooooooooooooooo cool if they ever did a new muppet babies that would perfect , they do make a new Muppet babies , there would be a patiation and letter canpain done by me for that , that is for sure .:excited::wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I love the pizza deliveryboy idea. CLASSIC
I'd love to see a variation of age and a more clever use of characters. I'd hate to see any character reduced to Bean Bunny's role in the series, basically just being there for the sake of being there. Especially since I felt that having Statler and Waldorf as friends of Nanny's who actually taught the kids something was one of the most brilliant moves they made in the later seasons.

Imagine an episode where slightly older kid versions of Dr. Teeth, Floyd and Zoot came over to nurture Animal's musical talents, and discussing Rock music history in the process. Or Lew Zeland as a visiting cousin of a neighbor who's quite proud of his pet fish. There's a LOT of ground that they could get into.

unclematt

Reaction score
How about an episode where teen Beau, George and Hilda come to help clean and rearange the nursery.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me... but I really wish if a new series were to happen, they change the nursery into a day care or something, and stress that most of them have parents of some sort. Somehow that always bugged me.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
An adult Sam the Eagle should come on the show and take Nanny's place for the day and makes the babies mad and bored.

And instead of a Camilla doll, Baby Gonzo should meet a Baby/Chick Camilla!

lds1987

Reaction score
If they made a new muppet babies I'd kind of like them to stick to the old style of the cartoon, but with the way of modern tech it'd end up 3-D which though cool wouldn't be "muppetish" so I guess doing the puppets. I'd like them to stick with the old characters, but also to add some other characters too. Maybe one episode the babies some how get to Fraggle land and meet the fraggle rock characters. The only cool thing if they did it cartoon style is that the muppet babies could have Jim Henson as their sitter sometimes...that would really set the scale in awesomeness. :excited: