If new Muppet action figures were made, which characters would you like to see?

muppzd

Reaction score
wow! it sounds a little like the Marvel Super Hero Squad figures but I love those and this sound like a great idea I just want to add a couple of things
they should have special movie packs like the Muppet Movie with Kermit in sitting position with a banjo
Fozzie with the steering wheel to the Studebaker in his hands Gonzo in th clothes he wore in that movie
Piggy with her miss bogen county crown
and the Muppets take Manhattan with
Movie usher Scooter (Not the palisides one just similar clothes)
Rizzo as a waiter
Kermit in the disguise he wore at the fancy resteraunt
Miss Piggy in the clothes she wore in that film
and the great Muppet Caper with
Gonzo as a photographer
Animal holding the baseball diamond
Beauregard
Pops holding a flyswatter
the Muppet Christmas Carol
Bean Bunny
the Ghost Christmas Past
the Ghost of Christmas Present
the Ghost of Christmas yet to come
Muppet Treasure Island
Polly lobster
Clueless Morgan
Mad Monty
Sweetums in the clothes he wore in that movie holding a tree
Muppets from Space
Gonzo in his tin foil suit
Rentro
Uber Gonzo
Pepe in a tutu
Muppets' wizard of Oz
Kermit as the scarecrow
Gonzo as the tin thing
Fozzie as the cowardly lion
Piggy as the Wicked Witch of the West
It's a very merry Muppet Christmas Movie
Frozen Kermit
Scooter as a cage dancer
Sam as pacifier sucking glow stick dancer
Piggy as a cat lady
Kermit's swamp years
Young Kermit
Blotch
Croaker
Goggles
and there should also be packs with different versions of that character like Kermit's would be
Regular Kermit
Frozen Kermit
Scarecrow
reporter Kermit
Piggy would be
Miss Bogen county
Cat Lady
Benjimina Gunn
Regular Muppet show Piggy
Fozzie would be
regular Fozzie
pick pocket Fozzie
Squire Trelawny
Fozziewigg
Gonzo would be
Photographer Gonzo
regular Gonzo with purple suit
Muppet movie Gonzo (This time holding balloons)
Gonzo holding Amy the dancing brick
and so on

Drtooth

Reaction score
Disney should create a line of small figures for all of their licenses and brand them as collectible. (This is the way to get those avid Disney collectors into the mix and create a successful series complete with obscure characters.)

One of these lines would the The Muppets! Pixar would be another one, Disney animated classics would have one and even Marvel could have one too.
I don't know about a Marvel one. Seems Disney wants to keep the brand separate from everything else they own so far. Plus, I'm sure Hasbro will put out more of the (over priced) Marvel figures in Star Wars style. I still have no idea what Disney plans for Marvel, but as a casual observer, I don't notice any real changes. Otherwise The Disney Store would be glutted with Spidey and Wolverine and especially Iron Man, when they finally got back to the Mickey and Donald basics.
The figures would be no smaller than 1.5 inches (for rats and penguins) and no larger than 5 inches (for monsters) but the average Muppet sizes would range between 2.5-3 inches tall. They would have very limited articulation: neck and arms, possibly waist and legs joints.

They would be sold in case sets of 4 characters between an SRP of 12.99-24.99. Popular characters like Kermit and Fozzie could be sold as singles at an SRP under 9.99. This makes it more beneficial to buy into the sets while people who just want a Kermit don't have to get a lot of unwanted Muppets.
I would love for Disney to do this with their characters PERIOD... not just Muppets. I really wish the Disney Heroes line (the male counterpoint to the Princesses) took off and stuck, that would be a great test the waters move. And it would be a great potential for collector friendly characters like Scrooge McDuck, or even at the moment nostalgic characters like Darkwing Duck.

But so far, Disney seems to be filled with Mickey's Clubhouse, Princesses, the other Playhouse shows, and Power Rangers (which has potential to have a nostalgic following, since it does have a respectable older fan base)... I would LOVE for them to do something beyond the PVC line (I really want to see Up sets in every store by the end of the year, and some sort of Muppet set), and a line of smaller action figures in a smaller FP Muppet type scale, but with good detailing would be a step in a great direction.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
At first, I thought maybe a series 10 could be produced, and older figures could be rereleased, maybe as part of a "Classic Muppet Figures" line.

For example, series one of the "classic muppet figures" line could include Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy (though a resculpted one would be better), Pepe, and Johnny Fiama, while the new series 10 could include Sal (finally), Photographer Gonzo, Fozzie as Squire Trelewny, and Louis Kazagger.

But then reading down the list, I like the suggested idea of smaller figures with different sizes. Maybe there could occasionally be themed sets representing movies and specials. Or maybe each year could include a limited edition "Muppet Christmas Carol" set as well.

This would make a good line-up for series 1-8:

Series 1
  • Kermit the Frog
  • Dr. Teeth
  • Pepe the Prawn
  • Sweetums

Series 2
  • Miss Piggy
  • Floyd Pepper
  • Foo-Foo
  • Mean Mama

Series 3
  • Animal
  • Janice
  • Robin
  • Thog

Series 4
  • Gonzo (in purple tux)
  • Zoot
  • Rizzo (in red cap and jacket)
  • Carl

The Muppet Christmas Carol Special Edition #1
  • Bob Cratchet
  • Emily Cratchet
  • Tiny Tim
  • Peter Cratchet

Series 5 (themed around The Great Muppet Caper)
  • Reporter Kermit
  • Reporter Fozzie
  • Bellhop Rat
  • Lips

Series 6
  • Rowlf
  • Sam the Eagle
  • Baskerville
  • Fletcherbird (I know, goes against the monster rule, but he's full-bodied)

Series 7 (themed aroudn Pigs in Space)
  • First Mate Piggy
  • Captain Link Hogthrob
  • Dr. Strangepork
  • Koozebanian Phoob (or Chopped-Liver Monster, or alien from Jonathan Winters episode)

Series 8
  • Fozzie Bear
  • Clifford
  • Penguin
  • Gorgon Heap

The Muppet Christmas Carol Special Edition #2
  • Charles Dickens
  • Rizzo the Rat
  • Belinda
  • Betina

I'd like to post more, but I don't have time right now.

Adding on to what I've listed, here's a continuation:

Series 9
  • Scooter
  • The Swedish Chef
  • Camilla
  • Bobo the Bear

Series 10
  • Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
  • Beaker
  • Johnny Fiama
  • Sal

Series 11 (special Muppet Treasure Island set)
  • Captain Smollet
  • Benjamina Gunn
  • Polly Lobster
  • Mad Monty

Series 12 (another "Great Muppet Caper" set)
  • Photographer Gonzo
  • Bellhop Rizzo
  • Pops
  • Beauregard

The Muppet Christmas Carol Special Edition #3
  • Ghost of Jacob Marley
  • Ghost of Robert Marley
  • Fozziwig
  • Ghost of Christmas Past

Series 13
  • Gonzo in checkered suit
  • Statler
  • Waldorf
  • Seymour

Series 14
  • Kermit in purple tux
  • Lew Zealand
  • Hilda
  • Gaffer

Series 15 (Veterinarians Hospital-themed set)
  • Dr. Bob
  • Nurse Piggy
  • Nurse Janice
  • Behemoth

Series 16 (Muppet Treasure Island)
  • Squire Tweleny
  • Sam Arrow
  • Clueless Morgan
  • Pirate Sweetums

The Muppet Christmas Carol Special Edition #4
  • Charity Collector Bunsen
  • Charity Collector Beaker
  • Bean Bunny
  • Ghost of Christmas Present

minor muppetz

Reaction score
They would be sold in case sets of 4 characters between an SRP of 12.99-24.99. Popular characters like Kermit and Fozzie could be sold as singles at an SRP under 9.99. This makes it more beneficial to buy into the sets while people who just want a Kermit don't have to get a lot of unwanted Muppets.

The assortments would generally have:
1 Main Muppet: Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal etc
1 Supporting Muppet: Sam, Dr. Teeth, Bunsen, Scooter etc
1 Small Muppet: Camilla, Robin, Penguin, Pepe, Rizzo etc
1 Muppet Monster: Sweetums, Thog, Luncheon Counter, Carl etc.

4 sets would come out a year and the line would keep going. Main characters would always be available for sale as single purchases, but would be redressed to keep the original ones more valuable for collectors.
There might be a problem with the single-character releases. If only one major character were released in each set (though some small characters like Rizzo and Pepe would help double the major characters), there'd only be one single release at a time. But then again, maybe after every four releases each previously-released main character could be released individually.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
2 electric mayhem members in a series? wouldn't it be better if janice or animal came in a later series?
I was trying to help make it "possible" (it's a realistic wishlist after all) to complete the band as soon as possible.

blackaerin

Reaction score
I was trying to help make it "possible" (it's a realistic wishlist after all) to complete the band as soon as possible.
ah, i see. and i agree, i would definitely get series 3 if it means getting 2 members of the band first

Reaction score
I would like......
extra pigs(in space)
Bobo
Mildred Huxteder
steppin out Sam the eagle
Mega Bunsen
Catgut
George
extra koozebans
Mega Jim Henson
Mini Jim Henson
Mini Eletric Mayhem(including Lips and Rowlf)
Mega Kermit
Mega Piggy
Mega Fozzie

O and Lenny the lizard

Pepe Fan

Reaction score
Bobo
Sal
Andy and Randy
Bill the Bubble Guy (obscure, I know)
Bean Bunny
Mildred
Clueless
Howard Tubman
Bubba

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Thog (this probably won't happen, but we can dream?)
A Thog figure was made- or at least a mini-figure. Hey, if we want to get crazy, how about a Thig figure? :crazy:
Or Betsy Bird or Sam and Yorick and Gaffer and Brewster and Wally and The Beaver(s) (from the "For What It's Worth" number):smile::insatiable::skeptical::fishy: