I think I've got a pretty good idea...

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I loved the movie too, and granted there couldn't be much of the level based on the ride, but maybe a tribute or two. And yer' right about Timon, it wasn't Nathan Lane, it was James Arnold Taylor, who seems to be a pretty accomplished voice actor.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Vic this is one of the best ideas concerning the Muppets and Disney I have read for a long time. I love all of your ideas, but instead making the Muppet world a battle world why not make it specifically a mini-game world where you have to help the Muppets put on a fantastic show in order to save the Muppet Theater from being torn down. And maybe scattered throughout the other worlds there could be some rare items you need to collect to make more elaborate shows to entertain the audience, like the 101 Dalmations from the first game. The itmes could be a cannon, Ms. Piggy's gloves, Animal's drums, etc. Also the audience could be made up of all the characters from different worlds. The Labyrinth would be another fun world to go to, except for seeing a computerized Jareth. *shudders* Sora and the others could actually go through the Labyrinth and help Sarah free Toby. Or how about the Dark Crystal as a level?

I've beaten the first KH and I'm almost done with the second. I was a little disappointed with the fact there were so many combo attacks for Sora that it made killing the Nobodies and Heartless really easy. Plus the subplot that everyone had to be in love with someone. It was romantic at first, but got really monotaneous. The POTC world was the weakest in my opinion too. I wish they had let Sora actually take control of the ship and battle the enemies while sailing. I would have liked to have played in Neverland again, except this time I wanted to go to the Neverland island.

I loved the Tron level! I loved being able to ride a lightcycle and being digitized into computer world. I would have liked to have seen more good programs running around though. The renovated Gummi ship was also a lot of fun.

Will the make a KHIII?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
IS, I really like that idea, kinda' like Pooh's world of mini-games from the first KH. I really think this would work well because it seems NOBODY knows what to do with the Muppets. The previous Muppet video games just weren't on the right track (except for Party Cruise, that had potential I thought, it just needed a teeny bit more... of something), and as a result; they weren't popular. Even Muppet fans were confused with them. I think the "mini-game" angle (just like Party Cruise) is the way to go as far as Muppets and video games go, and it'd be nice to have a company like Squaresoft, who has a brilliant creative edge and strong reputation, to really flesh out a fresh and creative outlet to bring back the nostalgia and popularity of the Muppets.

Henson still owns Labyrinth and DC though, right? So they'd probably be out of the question. :sympathy:

Jon

Reaction score
It's true what people say about the lacklustre nature of Muppet Video Games.

Just getting IP's like Kermit into a major japenese franchise (Not forgetting Major western seller) would really boost theprofile of Jim's creations.

Why don't people do a Wario Ware style game? It could be based in the Muppet Theatre.

Okay- The hub could be Kermit in the backstage area and every element of this hub area could be customisable in a style not unlike The Simms...
Pick a classic Muppet tune to stick on the vitrola
Change the lighting
change the scenery and props...that kind of thing

It doesnt really work giving Kermit etall life bars so i suggest give the life bar to the theatre in keeping to the theme of the classic Muppet show. So success is measured by your Theatre Health wich is determined by points won in the many Haphazard Wario Ware style "On stage" games.

These mini games could be influenced and complicated by back stage standoffs between Kermit and the star/cast of the upcomming act. For example Kermit would have to reassure/goad a character into performing in some way to mantain a healthy theatre life bar. If he suceeds when playing the following mini game the player might get a access to a score multiplyer or easier level of skill....fail and the game becomes that more difficult.
Power ups would be available

Crazy Harry smart bombs -these would slow the action allowing you to respond with more precesion.

Also just think of the multiplayer potential for power ups- a Miss piggy smooch- lipstick smear obscures your opponents view.
Unwelcome Uncle- Deadly turns up to spook your opponent making their controls reverse!

I feel this is really in the spirit of the show, rather than lets stick Muppets in xyz style game and hope it fits!

Would be perfect for the nintendo Wii. What do you think???

That is rather poor grammer. Sorry i'm in a bit of a rush!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I definitely agree with you Jon about the health meter/bar on a Muppet. With the exception of Piggy, no Muppet is actually associated with fighting, even Animal is more of an intimidation factor then brutality, while he'll brawl with someone, you don't necessarily get a "fighting" vibe, he's more of a scrapper. And it's just as well too, I can't see Kermit or Scooter rushin' in to go toe to toe with a bad guy. However Muppet style heartless and nobody's would work, and mini games also.

Putting the Muppets in popular VG settings just to have them there doesn't work or make sense, but putting Muppet elementrs and styles might.

Isn't it a shame the game Taiko Drum Master wasn't made with a Muppet influence and have Animal as a competitor? :halo: I suppose it still could though... hmm, I think I got another idea!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oy... So much to reply to, lemme see what I can do.
1 Kingdom Hearts fan myself as well. Never played them, but I absolutely love the concept and would love to witness/experience someone playing the game from the beginning to the end.
2 The Heartless aren't rully the main bad guys, they're more sort of minions. Main minions.
*In Kingdom Hearts 2, they were bolstered by the addition of the Nobodies.
3 KH has a rich storyline... In the first game, you get to fight against the various villains from the Disney franchises. The Anselm Reports give you the overarching background of the story itself.
4 The main point is to defeat the Heartless, seal off the portal to each different world, win the keychain that seals the portal and adds to your Keyblade weapon, then go toe to toe with Maleficent as you save the seven princesses, and finally beat Anselm. However, the game doesn't end there...
5 There are three KH games currently out: Kingdom Hearts 1, 1.5 titled Chain of Memories, and KH2.
6 It turns out that the Anselm you fought against at the end of the first game was the leader of a group of thirteen main upper echelon baddies, called the Order XIII (Roman numeral for 13). You defeat some of these in Chain of Memories and others in KH2.
7 Chain of Memories connects with the other two main games, in that you have to fight through a total of thirteen realms all stacked atop each other inside the structure of Castle Oblivion.
8 From Castle Oblivion you then connect with the storyline of KH 2.
9 The selling point for KH2, the world I absolutely thrilled to learn about being included, was the Tron level.
10 The Muppet realm would be great, but I have other realms I'd like to see in KH3 and something else for Muppets I could expound on later.

Gotta jet.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
My idea for the DC level would be to have the Sora, Donald, and Goofy drop in on Jen just as he is on his way to Augras. Having never seen characters like KH trio before he is frightened by them. But after the initial shock Jen would join the party along with Kira later on. I think Kira and Jen could be a combo team where you select different attacks that each Gelfling specializes in. Then they would go to the Pod village, perhaps stock up on potions and stuff there, and then at the Dark Crystal Castle they would battle each of the Skesis, and help Jen battle his way to the dark crystal.

I would love to play a new Muyppet videogame, but I don't think it would sell well. If you inset the Muppets in a popular franchise like Kingdom Hearts they will get to a larger audience and advertise more for the Muppets.

But yes Labyrinth and DC are owned by thew Henson Company. But maybe since Disney and the Henson Company still collaborate, at least with the Muppet performers, that something could be worked out. How likely? 0.0001%

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Awesome idea Infinity Sirius! Jen could use the Crystal Shard, and Kira could use her sling and Fizzgig(spelling?)

Teheheman

Reaction score
That's a great idea, except for the fighting. I mean, the Pepe giving you items and if there was a swamp level, have Kermit as a guide to the next level. Have Piggy as a playable character, and probably have Bunsen and Beaker as a person to give you spells and magic potions. That'll work. I could also see some cameos like guards Fozzie and Rolf. A mini-game like video game might work. Or do a Simpsons Hit-and-Run like game. Or even a hidden character in a EA Sports game(Oooooo.....a Muppet sports game where they have parodies of different sports shows. I'm just blabbering here

Daniel