I miss Rizzo!

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with Borples. A happy medium would be nicer for me than one character having far more to do than another. And there's no doubt that a new Muppet Show would really give this idea a chance. Back on the original Muppet Show, everybody had something to do, and the audience was given plenty of time to meet so many great characters.

I too was a little disapointed that Rizzo really didn't do anything in the new movie (and Pepe only had one scene). Then again, I also would have liked seeing more characters from JHH and MT! at least appear in the background, if nothing else. But I was glad to see Rizzo teamed up again with his old pal Gonzo for some of those behind the scenes interview. Boy, do I miss that team. :shifty::concern:

But in addition to seeing these two paired up again, I'd also like to see more of any number of the characters interracting together. There are so many characters that we've never really seen together. For instance, seeing Rizzo and Pepe actually talk to Scooter and the Electric Mayhem in LTS was a real treat. Seeing Bean Bunny and Scooter paired together (although they had surprisingly few scenes) in "MAWDW" was also great. And the pairing of Bobo with Uncle Deadly in TM was totally unexpected, but certainly enjoyable.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The fact that some of you are saying 'why are his characters in the same scenes together?"
Part of this is a bit ironic, because in a recent Muppet Mindset interview, one of the background performers (whose name I forget) said that Matt Vogel let him perform Sweetums in a few scenes, including when Sweetums chased the car (one of the characters few lines in the movie). And I've read that Vogel performed Wanda while Allice Dennon-Vernon did the voice. So I guess they don't have much problems with having characters loop when they don't really need to (though with Wanda, I wouldn't be surprised if they later decided Vogel's voice wasn't good enough for her/wanted a female performer to do the voice).

I do think that Rizzo's relative absence is mostly because of Kermit being THE main character again, now.
But Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, and to a lesser extent Waldorf and The Swedish Chef were all given featured roles in the Jim Henson movies, when Kermit was the star.

Borples

Reaction score
But Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, and to a lesser extent Waldorf and The Swedish Chef were all given featured roles in the Jim Henson movies, when Kermit was the star.
Right, exactly. I didn't say it was a good reason. :big_grin:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
If it was the problem of Steve's voice then why did Rizzo have a prominent role in LGatMHS? Well, I think it's a little hard for the newbies to write for Rizzo, because they don't really know what to do with him. Rizzo's probably phasing out, because there's really nothing for him to do. He wasn't even prominent in MMW. I mean Rizzo had his fun in the 90's, but he had only small roles in VMX and MWoO. I feel sad there's not much new Rizzo material, but now we get more Scooter and Fozzie on the bright side.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
If it was the problem of Steve's voice then why did Rizzo have a prominent role in LGatMHS? Well, I think it's a little hard for the newbies to write for Rizzo, because they don't really know what to do with him. Rizzo's probably phasing out, because there's really nothing for him to do. He wasn't even prominent in MMW. I mean Rizzo had his fun in the 90's, but he had only small roles in VMX and MWoO. I feel sad there's not much new Rizzo material, but now we get more Scooter and Fozzie on the bright side.
Please stop jumping to conclusions! :shifty: is NOT being phased out! :grouchy:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
At least Rizzo's moment in MMW was memorable. Everyone else just felt like they were taking up background space for a group photo. There's too much attention to making sure every single character fits in the shot.