I miss Rizzo!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I Miss Rizzo,

I fell in love with the rat in the Muppets take Manhaten and since then i have become a huge fan, but here lattly he has been not seen to much and I'm not likeing that at all! I need some good Funny Rizzo!:shifty::shifty::jim: BTW wow a Jim Henson smily who did that and why am I just now seeing this?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
He's in the bonus features on The Muppets blu-ray quite a bit, in the behind-the-scenes documentary and in the "screen test on the way to the walk-through". It is kind of ironic... Pepe seems to have been all over the promotion for the movie despite only having one big scene, and yet Rizzo seems to be prominient in the bonus features while Pepe is hardly included.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I actually do have some inside info as to why possibly there's been a lot less of Rizzo as of late, BUT, I'm sworn to secrecy, so I really can't tell.

But aside from that, yes, I too was just a little disappointed by the lack of both Rizzo and Pepe in the new movie (Pepe moreso because he was used rather heavily in the promos, so it seemed odd).

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
Rizzo's peak popularity time seemed to be from 1981-late 1990s... The era of Muppets Tonight and the Christmas Carol + Treasure Island.:shifty:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Rizzo's peak popularity time seemed to be from 1981-late 1990s... The era of Muppets Tonight and the Christmas Carol + Treasure Island.:shifty:
That is a theory as to why he was notably absent from the movie: the movie was mostly aimed at the TMS era, which he really wasn't a part of until the tail end of it.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I'd also guess that Rizzo wasn't really around because Steve has been working waayyy more with Kermit than when he first took over Kermit.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Perhaps part of the reason is Steve's getting quite hoarse lately and Rizzo's high voice is becoming a strain on Steve's throat.

Avilos

Reaction score
I'd also guess that Rizzo wasn't really around because Steve has been working waayyy more with Kermit than when he first took over Kermit.
That makes sense. It very similar as to why we saw less Rowlf on TMS. Jim was too busy with Kermit and it was hard to include the characters together.

Beauregard

Reaction score
That makes sense. It very similar as to why we saw less Rowlf on TMS. Jim was too busy with Kermit and it was hard to include the characters together.
But that doesn't explain Fozzie/Piggy's ability to always be in scenes together throughout the whole of Muppet history.