I might be buying this Pepe replica

goldengonzo

Reaction score

I've been in communication with Creature Clones about purchasing some Muppet replicas. I asked for pictures of previous replicas he has made and he sent me this photo of his Pepe.

I literally can't believe he made this. It's unbelievable. I literally don't believe it. It looks so much like the first image of Pepe on Google Image Search. Even the hair is in the same position. This is going to be a thousand dollars well spent!

goldengonzo

Reaction score
Did you see the image I posted? How could I not be satisfied? That Pepe couldn't look anymore like the real Pepe if someone just Photoshopped a picture of Pepe onto a different background.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Did you see the image I posted? How could I not be satisfied? That Pepe couldn't look anymore like the real Pepe if someone just Photoshopped a picture of Pepe onto a different background.
well for the very reason you said...good chance its 99% photoshoped..i know a number of people who dealt with them and almost all the time each story ends the same..lawyers had to get involved in order to get money or final product back, if it is a pepe they build great it looks perfect...but i feel it may look to perfect

you said your self it looks photoshoped and well i fear it may be...its way to coincidental that both that picture

and the picture from this Muppetism are so similar

all im saying is research....even if that is a puppet they made chances are you ll be waiting 6+ months before whatever happens about your puppet

Puckrox

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with Frogmuppeteer. There are a lot of people out there running scams. Research is important. Find someone to talk to who's actually purchased a creation from these people and see what they say about it. You can never be too careful!

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Amazing how even the shadowing is the same. Must have had the same lighting set up for the photograph, do you think?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
This is sarcasm right? You do realize they are exactly the same, right down to the wrinkles in the sweatshirt and the shadows cast?

goldengonzo

Reaction score
Yeah, guys, come on. The whole reason I posted this was to point out how obvious it is that he's trying to scam people. His website has some amazing looking replicas and he even sent me a couple of photos of "his" Kermit and Gonzo, but when I pressed him to show me his Pepe, this is what I got. Red flag.

It's obviously just a Photoshop job. No doubt. It's sad too, because like I said, the puppets on his website are great, but now I question what's going on with him.

You said people have had to sue him before? Are there any posts detailing what went on there?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
That's really too bad that people are out there working scams like this. I've seen their website before and their puppets did look really nice, but perhaps some of them now look a little too nice. It's a shame that people do this kind of thing.