I Hate Those Claw Machines!

beaker

Reaction score
I Hate Those Claw Machines!!!!!!!!

Ok, I realize us Muppet fans just never get any breaks...from LJS and Dennys not coming out with any stuff(and subsequently not letting us have any of the promo stuff) to well...yesterday I was at a Safeway...and holy cow...they had a brand new Rizzo namco plush!!! They also had a Fozzie Namco. So silly me I end up spending $5 in quarters before I realize it is rigged so there is no way you can get the item. POO!

So now I got the number of the crane place, and will try my best to get ALL those Namco plushes...shame on them for rigging something like that. Yes I know, but still...in the princicpal of things...after my hellacious last week, I cant even get a Rizzo from a Crane? No good...I'll have my triumph!
Anyelse havinf a frustrating time as of late?

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Well I almost hate to post this, but I actually *love* those claw machines. My daughter and I were up on the boardwalk last week when she spied a big case of plush unicorns with one of those claws. Now I has never attempted it before, but she asked me to give it a try, so I put in my fifty cents, moved the lever, pushed the button, and BINGO... one hot pink plush unicorn... and it is pretty soft and cute too! Not a Muppet, but still was exciting to hear her say, "The PINK one, the PINK one!", and then actually be able to hand it to her!

Woohoo claw machines!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Not a Muppet, but still was exciting to hear her say, "The PINK one, the PINK one!", and then actually be able to hand it to her!<<<

aww! Well now thats a story that I like hearing. But when one is trying to extract a large Rizzo plush with a faulty deceptively messed up crane at the local grocery store, only anger could ensue. Especially since I have had such a hard time trying to find one. If it had been a Pepe plush in the crane machine, my hand would be wrapped in guaze:wink:

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Ehhhh....

Those claw machines have their days. Not too often enough, though. :smile:

- Billy :cool:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I don't paticularly like the claw machines, but they haven't really been very bad to me. I got a stuffed tomato (it looks like a Veggie Tales thing, but I don't think it is), a stuffed cow (oh...the cow rocks so hard...), and a little stuffed frog (he aint no Kermit, be he is quite cool :smile:). Luckily I haven't ever been in a position that I actually really want something from one of those things, because of course I wouldn't be able to get it :smile:

-Matt

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Originally posted by CantusRock
Luckily I haven't ever been in a position that I actually really want something from one of those things, because of course I wouldn't be able to get it
Naturally....

Same happens to me!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that happens to everyone...I mean, if they had a Cantus plush or something, I'd blow an easy $15 with no luck. But when its a cheap plush frog, I spend 50 cents and win it on my first try. The way of the world I guess :smile:

-Matt

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Yeah...the worst is when like the head is sticking out so perfectly, and you position properly, tapping either way ever so slightly to get the perfect spot, then you drop...and the *darn* thing doesn't close close enough so it gets dislodged, but doesn't come out...and that stupid voice (at least on the ones I know of) says "Don't give up, try again!" AAAAHHH!!! :big_grin:

-Matt

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Yeah...

Good thing there's usually a lot of toys in there when I'm there. Otherwise, it'd be light enough for me to knock over in frustration! LOL