"I Am Big Bird: The Caroll Spinney Story" documentary in development

Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperPot

Reaction score
We are exhausted!

Wow, you guys are amazing. What a surge--and with 5 days to go!

First, a few answers to questions:

What year was the Australia performance?
1984!

Will Caroll talk about the live shows?
Yes, because they are so crazy and required so much of him! They were an amazing feat of puppetry, so we'll definitely cover that.

I think those are the questions that were asked! Now, to business!

Yes, we hit our goal. We are thrilled about that. But we set that goal as a bare minimum to make sure we could make the movie. We still need all the help we can get. We're currently trying to break the record number of Kickstarter backers for a documentary, which is 6508. We're currently at 1496. Remember, every pledge--even a dollar--counts towards that goal. So if you haven't pledged (and I'm guessing most of you have!), get out there and pledge! And if you have, tell everyone you know to pledge even just a dollar!

You guys amaze us. We've said it before and we promise to honor this: we'll make you proud.

Thanks for your support. Stay in touch!

-Dave

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Thanks Copper Pot Pictures!!! :wisdom::grouchy:

Not to be mean, but are you going to show any unseen photo and video footage of Count von Count (who is not a Carroll Spinney character, but a Jerry Nelson character) ?
He's one of my favorites.

I love to see rare videos and photos because I getting the 2-Disc special edition I Am Big Bird Blu-ray!

CopperPot

Reaction score
Thanks Copper Pot Pictures!!! :wisdom::grouchy:

Not to be mean, but are you going to show any unseen photo and video footage of Count von Count (who is not a Carroll Spinney character, but a Jerry Nelson character) ?
He's one of my favorites.

I love to see rare videos and photos because I getting the 2-Disc special edition I Am Big Bird Blu-ray!
That's not mean! We love Mr. Nelson! He welcomed us to his home to do an interview--it was amazing!

We have some great stuff of Mr. Nelson as the Count from Sesame in Montana & Elmo in Grouchland! We'll get it out there for you!

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Thanks!! :batty:

I'm so pumped for this!!

Just to be sure, you're going to release all the muppet footage you have. Right?

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Just thought about something: It's been said that one of the incentives for pledging money is a copy of the film's soundtrack. Will this be all original music composed for the film, or will it include songs sung by Caroll Spinney's characters?
It'll be great either way, but I've been wondering the same.

fozzie658

Reaction score
i wonder if they will extend the pledge for more support from us muppet fans. then i wonder if caroll will read some of the letters from his fans.:smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Just to be sure, you're going to release all the muppet footage you have. Right?
They've said they'll release as much as they can but can't release everything because Caroll has actually shot thousands of hours of home movie footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.