"I Am Big Bird: The Caroll Spinney Story" documentary in development

Status
Not open for further replies.

zns

Reaction score
Brace yourself folks because it's finally happening. The update from CopperPot Pictures that we have all been waiting to hear:

Hey out there in Kickstarter Land!

The moment is here: we are THRILLED to announce that I AM BIG BIRD is going to be released beginning this May. It will be available on VOD/iTunes May 5th and will hit theaters beginning May 8th in New York, then roll out to other cities throughout May. What does that mean for you and your rewards? Well, it means that your downloads will be available on May 5th, which is the same date we're shooting for to get physical rewards to you.

We'll have many more updates in the coming weeks/months, but we wanted to get you that information as soon as possible! Excited? So are we! Like us on Facebook and talk about it on Twitter using #IAmBigBird and the @TribecaFilm handle. We are so happy to share this with you and can't wait to get the film and rewards in your hands!

Thanks for your patience and support!

Much love,

The I AM BIG BIRD Crew

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Roll out to other cities?

So does that mean this is going to be a limited release that more than likely won't come to my city because we're always a hundred years behind as opposed to being ahead (and because the Kevin Clash film never came to my town either)?

:frown:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
You could always get it from iTunes; that might be my plan, but I live close enough to the city to see it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, considering I'm on a PC and therefore don't have iTunes, I can't see the new trailer, but I'm hoping that the theatrical release will be a wide one, and not just in select cities like the Kevin Clash film was. I won't hold my breath, but I'm still hoping.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
PCs can use iTunes too.

Neat trailer. Can't wait to see it! Depending on where it's playing in the city, I might see it there and get it on iTunes afterward.

Cookie Chris

Reaction score
The trailer has been uploaded on YouTube since yesterday:

Judging by the clips I've seen and the trailer itself, I am hyped to see the documentary and learn more about Caroll Spinney's private life and career with Sesame Street.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The trailer has footage of Jim Henson talking about Caroll Spinney at some kind of party or event. In Spinney's autobiography, he mentions that Jim Henson threw him a party once to celebrate his tenth or fifteenth season on the show. I wonder if that footage comes from that party.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Might have known this wasn't coming to my town. :grouchy:

If it can come to Louisville, KY, and Miami, FL, why can't it come to Knoxville, TN?

Status
Not open for further replies.