How old are some characters?

mo

Reaction score
we all know that big bird is 6 snuffy is 4 and elmo is 3 but what about characters like rosita that are somewhat "ageless"
this thread was made for opions...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Grover is supposedly four, I believe Prairie Dawn is supposed to be a "very precocious" six-year-old...Stephanie D'Abruzzo suggested Lulu is about four-and-a-half (inbetween Elmo, and Baby Bear and Telly are supposed to be older than her).

mo

Reaction score
hears the list so far

elmo-3
zoe-3
abby-3
snuffy-4
bird-6
prairie dawn-7/6
lulu-41/2

Bridget

Reaction score
Bert seems about, like "10" years old for his character. But then considering the fact that him and Ernie live in their own apartment...

JLG

Reaction score
Like I've said on another thread, I see Bert and Ernie as two guys in their early to mid 20s, and Ernie is just a "big kid" type. You know those.

Grover may be "four" according to the show's curricular goals, but I see him, Herry and Cookie Monster as being about eight. A little older than Prairie, but in her basic range. Telly's a little younger, maybe six or seven.

(as for how an eight-year-old like Grover can hold all these adult jobs, I just assume that child labor laws have a loophole that excludes monsters.)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ernie and Bert are really the only ones I can't associate any actual age with, mainly because they really don't fit any of the conventional age brackets: they play with toys and games and do recreational activities typical of little kids, however, they share an apartment, do their own laundry, make their own meals, Bert listens to the news, all of which adults do. It's especially vague back in the days of Jim and Frank, because they basically ad-libbed much of those old E&B inserts.