How is Jerry Nelson doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Glad to hear you're on the mend, Mr. Nelson, and great to hear from you as always. I'll be praying for your speedy recovery.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

beakersbreakers

Reaction score
Hi Jerry!!

This is Amanda (Richard's niece) ... I just found this site my self and joined the Richard Hunt Lovers Club... let me tell you these are some amazing people who keep memories alive! Hope you are feeling better, I would love to stop in and see you my next visit to my mom if you are still up there!? If there is anything me or anyone in the family can do for you PLEASE let me know!! asmith4u@msn.com You and Richard were always so close and I always felt a certain attachment to you especially when we would spend time at the Rose Cottages or top or bottom of The Hill!! My love to Jan! Miss you! Love you! Amanda:flirt:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Welcome to the message boards, Amanda. At MuppetFest I spoke to 2 sisters of Richard's, no doubt one was your mom? I could see the family resemblance while visiting, and they were both very, very sweet ladies!

It seemed that Richard was a very giving, caring, and fun individual, and the kindness I could see in him was very visible in his sisters. Let them know that they are also invited to visit and post at Muppet Central when able.

I also look forward to Jerry's visits again. Always inspiring me!

beakersbreakers

Reaction score
I think you met my 2 aunts Lyn and Rachel... was it in California?? Thanks for the welcome... hope to hear from Jerry too soon! :wink:

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Jerry,

I'm a cartoonist and a longtime Muppet fan from way back. I wanted to share this story with you:

Just a few years ago now, my girlfriend (now fiancee), knowing how huge a Muppet fan I was, tricked me into drawing my favorite Muppeteers with their characters as a supposed gift for a friend of hers. As it turned out, the trick was on me, as she took the caricatures I drew (of you and Floyd, Dave and Gonzo and Bill and Pepe) and sent them off to the Henson Company in New York with the hopes of getting them autographed and sent back to her as a gift for me on my birthday.

By the time my birthday rolled around, she still hadn't heard back from the Henson Company. Believeing that she'd sent the caricatures to the wrong department, she just came out and told me of her plans. I was touched that she even tried to pull something like this off, and told her the effort she made was the best gift I could get.

A couple days later, however, we received a thick manilla envelope in the mail with a familar green face on the front. Carefully opening it and removing the contents, there before the both of us were my childhood dreams laid out on 8 1/2 X 11 paper, my caricatures, fully autographed by my childhood and adult heroes, amongst them, you, the great Jerry Nelson. Needless to say, I was touched beyond belief that she went to this trouble, and just as much that you guys took the time to honor her request. So now that I hear that you're on the road to recovery and saw this chance to catch you attention, I just wanted to say thank you for your simple, kind gesture, which not only made my birthday (the greatest by far) but my life a little bit brighter. You'll always be one of my heroes.

BEAR

Reaction score
Again to repeat what others have said, please keep us updated whenever you can. We wish you the warmest wishes as always. As a side note, would you be able to give us any hint as to how involved you will be in the new Fraggle Movie?

Kiki

Reaction score
beakersbreakers said:
Hi Jerry!!

This is Amanda (Richard's niece) ... I just found this site my self and joined the Richard Hunt Lovers Club... let me tell you these are some amazing people who keep memories alive! Hope you are feeling better, I would love to stop in and see you my next visit to my mom if you are still up there!? If there is anything me or anyone in the family can do for you PLEASE let me know!! asmith4u@msn.com You and Richard were always so close and I always felt a certain attachment to you especially when we would spend time at the Rose Cottages or top or bottom of The Hill!! My love to Jan! Miss you! Love you! Amanda:flirt:
Welcome to the MC forum, Amanda! Richard's neice?? Wow... get out of here! :excited: You'll probely see my in the RHLC too.

Kiki

Reaction score
I know this question was posed a long time ago but I have had other things on my mind and have not read or posted for quite a while. It is long and boring but I have had health issues for a couple of years now. Different ones. I have COPD which is cronic obstructive pulmonary disease generally and emphysema specifically.I have had this for fifteen years or so but only in the last four years has it become problematic. Two years ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and went through radiation treatment sucessfully. This spring I was in the hospital with pneumonia and am still recovering from that. Complicated by the COPD, this recovery process takes some time. I am happy to say that as of this posting I do intend to work with my old friend Count Von Count again this next season.
To all who have written, I thank you and apologize for not responding.
You guys are the best fans ever.

Hey Mr.Nelson,
Whoa... it's such an honor to have you on the MC forum! :excited:
How are you feeling? Sounds like you've been in the wars a bit. Well, i hope you recover- look after yourself!! I wrote to you early this year and in august t sent you another letter with an illustration of The Count i drew. Did you get it? I really hope so!!
Saaay, you should post on this forum more often (*hint hint*)
Cheers,
Kiki

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Jerry , Glad to hear your doing better , just wanted to say it was a pleasure to meet and talk with you , as well as work with you(even if it was only a one day shoot)

all the best
Jw

P.S.
it was quite a few years ago, when i was still at the Old Henson Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.