How do you guys feel about watching Sesame Street?

crackmaster

Reaction score
I initially didn't care I liked Sesame Street until several known autism haters went after me. As I was trying to be a better person, I deleted all my comments on Sesame Street, Muppets, and other children's shows because I didn't want people to know I liked those shows. The only comments I kept were the comments on Cracks, the Batman and Superman cartoons Sesame Street showed in the old school days, and a Sesame Street spot with Henry Cavill.

Fast forward to this month. I started getting obsessed with the "AT" short from the 90s Sesame again, and I officially stopped caring I liked Sesame and commented on the video again. I'm only really into Sesame for the cartoons, TBH. I don't really care for the puppets except for Kermit.

The reason I'm asking you is because it's gone downhill to me. No more cartoons, 30 minute format, no parental bonuses... but somehow my mom doesn't care and still watches it with my autistic brother, who won't even notice. My middle brother also used to make fun of me for watching Sesame Street when I was 11 (back in the days when my "old" account first started) but now he's okay with watching it with my autistic brother and has even shown his girlfriend a few of the skits.

I think the only reason I like Sesame cartoons is because they somewhat influenced me. I can't draw good, so I'm not going into animation, but they influenced me in my writing and casting choices. I have characters in my Sonic fanseries Mobius Redrawn based on Bill the Bat, Claire the Cat, the "dashing young rat," and the mouse from "Felines." I also got Dorothy Moskowitz and Scott Getchell to voice characters in the series. It's like how Craig Bartlett used his Arnold character for Hey Arnold or how Mo Willems used Sesame Street voice actors in Sheep in the Big City (only those were the puppeteers, not the animation voice actors like I use.) Oh, and Etienne Delessert's face morphs are the coolest things I have ever seen, so there's that.

Have you ever questioned if you're too old for Sesame Street?

ssetta

Reaction score
I think a lot of us have been there. I used to think it was like the worst thing, and I still do. Because I feel like Sesame Street is one of the most important things in my life. And this is interesting, I saw someone say in another thread here that nostalgia has become much more acceptable nowadays. It's important to stay in touch with your inner child.

crackmaster

Reaction score
The reason I deleted my comments is that Encyclopedia Dramatica went after DakariKingMykan, who had questionable behavior in the Teen Titans fandom (for example, disrespecting 9/11 in a fanfic) and happened to like Sesame. As a fan of DC too, I didn't want to be like him. Now I don't care I watch Sesame, because several comic writers like Geoff Johns have Muppet merchandise in their rooms as shown in photos. It makes me feel better about myself.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Okay, it's confession time...

I had no problem watching Sesame Street, and I had stated that the reason for my decision to stop watching in February 1985 was due to the extensive use of consecutive letter pairs and the newer segments not being appealing to me. But there is more than meets the eye.

This is where my confession comes into play. I have been hiding this for some time, but I feel this is a good opportunity to be open about it. The primary reason why I stopped watching is due to being continuously harassed by bullies in school. I was harassed, and the bullies claimed I watched shows designed for babies, and on one occasion, one bully threatened to injure me. Luckily, I reported to the principal, and action was taken, but my love for the show had since fallen out of favor.

Since I am not likely to be bullied in real life these days, I may watch a few segments or episodes here and there on the Internet nowadays for nostalgia reasons. However, I will not watch the newer episodes because I am 100% old school.

Last edited: