How did Elmo become so popular?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
gfarkwort said:
yes it was it infact sesame street used to be on 7 times a day (I'm including Play with me Sesame) but then they re-formated it and its down to 3 or 4 times a day.
Correction: Now it's ONCE a day! Sesame Too only comes on 9:00 AM now, and PWMS is currently off the air due to a Tiny Planets thing. Just thing, Elmo would've never become popular if Kevin Clash never took on the role, after Brian Muehl (sp?) leaving the show, and Richard Hunt hating Elmo, Kevin got lasoed into the role.

ssetta

Reaction score
Courage-Bagge said:
Correction: Now it's ONCE a day! Sesame Too only comes on 9:00 AM now, and PWMS is currently off the air due to a Tiny Planets thing. Just thing, Elmo would've never become popular if Kevin Clash never took on the role, after Brian Muehl (sp?) leaving the show, and Richard Hunt hating Elmo, Kevin got lasoed into the role.
Correction again: Sesame Too is on once a day from Saturday thru Monday at 9:00 AM, and from Tuesday thru Friday, it's on twice a day, at 5:00 AM and 9:00 AM.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Courage-Bagge said:
Yeah, I don't recall Richard's Elmo in anything, well except for "Follow that Bird" and that was only a breif non-speaking appearance. I do remember watching the show around the time Kevin started playing Elmo. He would appear on the street on occassion and in songs and skits, but not as much as now. Of course I knew who he was, (It's hard to forget the name of someone who refers to himself in third person) but I was much more familiar with Big Bird, Oscar, the Count, Bert and Ernie, etc.

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
actually, Elmo did say something in Follow that Bird, he said "No, no no no no no"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Yeah, I don't recall Richard's Elmo in anything, well except for "Follow that Bird" and that was only a breif non-speaking appearance.
According to A&E, Richard Hunt did Elmo in the "Me Cladius" Monsterpiece Theatre sketch.

roadrat15

Reaction score
All I Know is . . .his popularity stops now!*gets huge club out of closet and goes out hunting the little red meance!* :attitude: