How come the Muppet Show isn't on Disney+?

datman24

Reaction score
Because Disney needs to reserve those billions of dollars they have for their live-action remakes instead of paying royalties to the artists whose songs were used on the show that could allow such a release to happen.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Because Disney needs to reserve those billions of dollars they have for their live-action remakes instead of paying royalties to the artists whose songs were used on the show that could allow such a release to happen.
You’re wrong! Those are different budgets and departments that have nothing to do with each other! :rolleyes:

DMHFan

Reaction score
Well, I hope all those issues that held back the DVD releases of Seasons 4 and 5 of The Muppet Show get recovered. At DragonCon 2015, Debbie McClellan did say that they're still working on clearing all the music rights for the DVD releases of Seasons 4 and 5. By the way, isn't there a difference in rights issues when it comes to streaming?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Well, I hope all those issues that held back the DVD releases of Seasons 4 and 5 of The Muppet Show get recovered. At DragonCon 2015, Debbie McClellan did say that they're still working on clearing all the music rights for the DVD releases of Seasons 4 and 5. By the way, isn't there a difference in rights issues when it comes to streaming?
Debbie recently left the Muppets, so we do not know the situation now

DMHFan

Reaction score
Well, I had an idea: Why not have them put the two "It's the Muppets!" compilation videos on Disney+? That'll be fine with me, as long as there's some representation/usage of The Muppet Show. Besides, those were distributed by Buena Vista Home Video (which is related to Disney) under the Jim Henson Video label, so why not? Or maybe Disney could create Muppet Show compilations in the style of the "It's the Muppets!" and "The Very Best of The Muppet Show" compilation videos for Disney+! So, what does everyone think?

Last edited: