Herbert Birdsfoot

Ziffel

Reaction score
Charlie, that's right! I just couldn't think of his name but knew that delivery guy kept referring to him by some name. Also, thanks for refreshing me on what the items delivered actually were. And I hadn't recalled that the delivery guy ended up enjoying what Herb wanted him to do. It was so funny how mad he got when he told Charlie to knock it off.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
A few others I recall somewhat are:
(2) I believe it was Grover that was with Herbert in this one. Grover was holding something like a weight that said help on it. But it was pretty heavy for him and he yelled, "Help!" Herbie comes on the scene and says, "You need help?" Grover says yes. So Herb gives him another weight that says help. Grover yells help again and Herb comes back and says, "You need more help?" and gives him a third weight that says help. I remember this happens until Grover is holding four weights. But I forgot what happens after that. I think maybe Grover fell down, but not sure.
Just thought of something somewhat similar Sesame Street showed (yes I did those consecutive s words on purpose!). Grover lifted a barbell and as he is holding it he is really struggling. He says, "Oh this barbell is so heavyyyyy."
Then he falls down. But I don't recall anything else of this skit.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i don't think Herb was in this one. if i have the right 1 in mind, grover tris to picks up a feather but can't because it's attached to Big Bird who's heavy witch is why Grover can't pick up the feather.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Not sure if that happened in the same one or not. And yes, Herbert wasn't in this one. I was going to comment on this barbell scene in the Grover thread, but since I remembered the Herbert and Grover skit with Grover lifting the "help" weights I thought I'd do it in connection with that one.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
Herbert has and ET and this deliveryman has these other letters. a W,S, and M well each time the man wants him to sign the paper Herbert wants him to make the sound of the letters he brought off the truck as Herbert makes the ET sound. obviously the man doesn't like this. after the man delivers the last letter he looks to the left yelling that's enough Charlie turn around I see ya smiling! this could be you instead of Me you know!? finally after helping Herb sounding the last word he's intriged, sorry of i spelled that wrong and tell charlie probably the truck driver to come over and he how great this delivery they made was.
another thing i should of mentioned was after the M was brought out and after a 3rd consecutive time to get Herb to sign it and of course he say not untill you make the sound on the letter M! delivery man goes yabadabadbada dam!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
well he wasn't acually swearing as it might of sounded. he was just smarting off at Herbert, trying to sound like him.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
of course the way i posed it makes it sound like i said he did but it was just part of how he samrted off at Herb. sorry for the confusion.

SesameMike

Reaction score
What happened in the delivery guy sketch was, the fella brought out one of the packages and, in an irked tone, asked Herbert to sign the slip. Herbert steadfastly responded:

"Not until we make the sound!" with an onomotopoiea rhythm.

The delivery guy responded:
"blah-ble-blah-ble-blah-ble-bloun"(???) with that same rhythm.

You know how some kids (and a few non-kids at that) make fun of others by repeated what they just said with a fake lisp? That's what the delivery guy was doing. Some folks do that when there's no "legitimate" point to ridicule them on.

---
As for the sketch with Grover holding up the heavy blocks reading "HELP", after Herbert Birdsfoot had placed two extra HELPs on Grover's load, HB responds to the Help! cry with: "You need MORE help?" Grover replies that he does not; everything is just fine. HB leaves, and Grover then collapses backwards under the weight of the three blocks. Now off-camera, we hear Grover let out one last, subdued but desperate, "Help!"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
there are quite a few herbert birdsfoot segments that i have only heard on albums (of course, the ony one i can remember actually seeing is the one where herbert tries to talk about the letter m, which keeps turning upside down), but were any of the following ever done on the show:

the magic cookie, narrarated by herbert birdsfoot and featuring cookie monster looking for joy and happiness.

herbs silly k poem.

the tale of tom tattertall tuttletutt.