Henson Rarities on Youtube

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Interesting, a pre-Muppet Show appearance by the Electric Mayhem. Dave Goelz (at least I'm pretty sure that's him) uses a different voice for Zoot here. Obviously, he hadn't quite figured his personality out yet.

tygerbug

Reaction score
Very interesting -- this audio is also from Wonderama; wish I had the video. This is Joe Raposo debuting a weird disco version of his song "Rag Dolly," from the 1977 Raggedy Ann film by Richard Williams, and his later, rather dark and unusual broadway musical.

tygerbug

Reaction score
That's from my other Youtube account, dedicated to the animation work of the great Richard Williams.

While you might remember the 1977 Raggedy Ann film (which we have about five different 35mm prints of, if we can ever get the rights to release it on Blu-Ray), the Broadway musical version of Raggedy Ann - which also featured songs by Joe Raposo - is much more obscure. It was a darker, moodier piece, and audiences expecting something very light for kids weren't happy with it. It would probably play better today, if audiences knew what they were in for. [We have a few bootlegs of the songs, and judging from that it's more interesting than the film, if sometimes too scary for kids.]

It did have a successful run in the USSR, as part of a Reagan-era publicity effort to bridge the gap between the two countries. Here is a documentary about that.

backpackmina

Reaction score
I love your channel! Keep it up! If it's possible, I'd like to see more TV Appearances, maybe from the early 2000s.