Henson Rarities on Youtube

tygerbug

Reaction score
Henson Rarities on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8JxjRYYaLbs9fgsu13iQw

I've started a new channel for posting Henson rarities that I've restored myself from (mostly) VHS sources, starting out with three unaired episodes of Little Muppet Monsters (and two of the aired episodes).

As you might know, I've been collecting and restoring rarer Muppet productions for a few years now, with a special focus on The Jim Henson Hour and other specials from the classic era. I keep an email list and have put rare stuff out for download. Anyway, you'll want to keep your eyes on this channel!

tygerbug

Reaction score
The Jim Henson Hour (Muppets) The Today Show / Nylons "Power"

Jim Henson's Little Muppet Monsters Episode 1: In the Beginning

Although the restoration of LMM episode 1 looks a hundred times better than what was out there previously, the main source is actually the exact same tape you normally see on Youtube. We retransferred it - it's actually in worse shape now than it was then - and I did a lot of digital cleanup, as well as combining it with a second source - and using many sources for the MBM intro(s) - mainly three sources from the same tape which were restored frame by frame to remove a lot of damage.

tygerbug

Reaction score
Jim Henson’s Little Muppet Monsters “Gunko” Unaired Episode

Here’s a real rarity we've uncovered, unseen for thirty years. Two other unaired episodes are at the same channel.

Last edited:

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Awesome! I can't check it out right now, since I'm at work, but I definitely will look at it later tonight.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Thanks! I was hoping someone would post the entire pilot (both pilots, yet). This was one of the strangest (and most obscure) Henson/Disney teamups. It definitely doesn't look as though any of Henson's puppeteers were invovled.

By the way, the audio is out of sync on pilot #1.

Last edited:

tygerbug

Reaction score
You're right - I'll have to fix that.