Help Sesame Street get 1 Billion Views on YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
A Billion? How is that even possible? I mean really that's like 1/5th of the world's population.. I..

(looks at page view number)

Oka-a-a-a-a-a-a-y... uh... so, like 22 million more views? Doesn't sound too bad.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'd like a billion views too, but I doubt that'll ever happen.

But, this shouldn't be too difficult... all of us could just keep watching our favorite SST videos over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, that would probably at least leave a little dent.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
A billion views!! Wow!! I'd bet Sesame Street would likely pass 1 billion views. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It certainly would help if they continued to upload classic material as often as possible: I've noticed when it comes to new uploads, the classic clips always shoot up in views faster than more current material.

Web-exclusive content, either original, or parody, seem to go over really big with people as well.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The celebrity bits/spoof clips tend to get a lot more hits. I don't think the "classic" video notion is really true. Yeah, "C is for Cookie" and "Rubber Duckie" are among the top viewed, but greats like "Count it Higher" haven't even reached 100,000 yet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean when new videos are first uploaded. When they upload a mix of classic and recent material, the classic uploads seem to get more hits quicker than the modern uploads.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This was a good video. I hope that the top secret video is great. I wonder what it could be: An original viral video? Something behind-the-scenes? Something rare from the classic days (like the "Surprise" song with the cast or something unaired or whatever)? The best Deena and Pearl segment? I noticed that the "top secret video" icon Telly sees has a five minute time on it.

The youtube channel could easily get a billion views if they would upload a billion videos. I noticed that the number of videos uploaded by Sesame Workshop is less than 2,000. I'm sure there are one billion existing Sesame Street clips that could be uploaded.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I sure hope you're kidding. There can't possibly be a billion clips to upload. A hundred thousand, maybe.

They have 45 days to get 2 million more views (according to the campaign page). There's a slim chance it could happen.

EDIT: Oh, I see. They need 21 million more views now. Yeah. They better upload a lot. And fast. They probably should've waited until they had like 5 million left to go.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The really sad thing is this.

Youtube's view counts are screwy. People are getting a lot less views than they should be. The number of views they have are exactly the same as it was 24 hours ago, and you'd think it would have at least increased by a hundred views. It didn't even count the fact I watched at least 5 videos yesterday. How do they know when they actually get a Billion views and how do they know they don't really have at least a Billion already?

Status
Not open for further replies.