Help Save British Fraggle Rock Episodes

johnpeters999

Reaction score
Yes but then the hunt is still on to get better versions of 2/3 of the archive etc.

Again I cant say much for Henson and its policy on archive on this matter,

Whataday

Reaction score
They didn't create it. Maidstone Studios, the company that exists today, is not related to TVS, the studio which produced the UK version of the show. It just uses their former buildings.
Not quite. As I'm sure you know, the story of TVS is incredibly complicated - particularly after its demise.

Maidstone Studios Ltd was actually once known as TVS Productions Ltd and has gone through several name changes since it was founded in 1980.

TVS' programming rights were owned by a sister company TVS Television Ltd, but the physical archive was split between Maidstone and Southampton (then known as TVS Productions Ltd).

In March 1996 the rights were folded into a division of International Family Channel which had several takeovers. As a result, the rights paperwork has vanished, and the physical archive disguarded as the bulk it was of no use to anyone.

ST1DS1

Reaction score
Not quite. As I'm sure you know, the story of TVS is incredibly complicated - particularly after its demise.

Maidstone Studios Ltd was actually once known as TVS Productions Ltd and has gone through several name changes since it was founded in 1980.

TVS' programming rights were owned by a sister company TVS Television Ltd, but the physical archive was split between Maidstone and Southampton (then known as TVS Productions Ltd).

In March 1996 the rights were folded into a division of International Family Channel which had several takeovers. As a result, the rights paperwork has vanished, and the physical archive disguarded as the bulk it was of no use to anyone.
Do you think the UK version of 'Beginnings' has any potential to be released on YouTube (if at all)?

Luke

Reaction score
Apparently an announcement has been made today by Missing Believed Wiped that ALL of the UK Fraggle Rock inserts have been found.