Help Save British Fraggle Rock Episodes

anathema

Reaction score
They didn't create it. Maidstone Studios, the company that exists today, is not related to TVS, the studio which produced the UK version of the show. It just uses their former buildings.

TJ99

Reaction score
They didn't create it. Maidstone Studios, the company that exists today, is not related to TVS, the studio which produced the UK version of the show. It just uses their former buildings.
Oh ok. I'm sure I read somewhere they used to be TVS but guess not.

So how come they've suddenly decided to upload shows, like Fraggle Rock online now?

anathema

Reaction score
We don't know! I am making enquiries.

On the subject of which, while I understand people would like to help, can I request that you please leave matters with the professionals and don't go contacting Maidstone (or anywhere else) yourself. If there's anything to be found it will be best handled through the proper channels, and I'll post on here as and when there is news.

TJ99

Reaction score
We don't know! I am making enquiries.

On the subject of which, while I understand people would like to help, can I request that you please leave matters with the professionals and don't go contacting Maidstone (or anywhere else) yourself. If there's anything to be found it will be best handled through the proper channels, and I'll post on here as and when there is news.

Speaking of news, I know you have a lot of recordings of Fraggle Rock. Do you have any plans for them? Like releasing them for others to see?

anathema

Reaction score
Done a long time ago. He only had a couple of episodes, both of which were already known to exist at the time.

Victor sadly passed away last month, incidentally.

TJ99

Reaction score
Oh that’s so sad to hear.

I’ve also been looking at your website and wondered, are the BFI going to do anything with their Fraggle Rock copies? Like give them back to Jim Henson Company or just keep them and don’t do anything?

johnpeters999

Reaction score
Oh ok. I'm sure I read somewhere they used to be TVS but guess not.

First off TVS built the Maidstone Studios, once it lost is ITV franchise and sold off to Family channel there bought the whole company. In 1996 the company was split in two, in so many words. Programmes were kept by Family channel while the studios and UK channel was sold to Flextech. To keep this simple etc Around 2001, UK channel was overhauled and the operation was moved to london. With the studios put up for sale..

So how come they've suddenly decided to upload shows, like Fraggle Rock online now?
There not really alot of new stuff, it has come from someone who used to work at Southern/ TVS/ other companies linked to that of the UK. He has a youtube channel " TheMeakers "

I’ve also been looking at your website and wondered, are the BFI going to do anything with their Fraggle Rock copies?
TJ99 BFI copies were released on DVD a few years ago, I think it was just straight copies of the VHS version.

The next point that needs to be said is many of those copies are not great and you have ask would it be worth putting them all on DVD. BUT i would like to know what the Jim Henson Company has said about this and if there would be willing to put the 29 Broadcast version on a single dvd?

To be fair ALL that is needed to be found are the UK opt outs IE start, end and the letter. the rest could come from the USA MASTER and remade.

Last edited: