Hello All

Melonpool

Reaction score
I've never had much luck with spray adhesive. I use contact cement for most things like that because once it's stuck, it'd pretty much stuck.

On the downside, once it's stuck, it's pretty much stuck.

Also, it's messy. That would probably be a better material to use when building it initially than in doing fixes, though

Steve

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
At the puppet shop where I worked several years ago they never used spray adhesive for gluing foam to foam because they found it didn't hold as well as contact cement gel. They only used it for foam-to-fabric applications.

If you do use spray adhesive both objects you're gluing have to have glue applied to them and you have to wait until the glue is tacky before sticking them together. If you're not doing both then that's probably the source of your problem.

Karrion

Reaction score
I only used spray adhesive on the fabric. And I only used it there because the contact cement wet the cloth too bad. I followed proper 'spray both sides and let it tack off' procedure. The only place I'm having trouble is the fins.

Iokitek

Reaction score
yeah, nice puppet :smile: I especially like the idea of overlapping pieces of cloth