Have you ever been bullied?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I was bullied by someone in high school constantly. She even got her little posse of friends in on it with her. We happened to get put in the same math class next to each other due to our last names being two letters apart. I helped her make a good grade in that class and she stopped bullying me :/

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We happened to get put in the same math class next to each other due to our last names being two letters apart. I helped her make a good grade in that class and she stopped bullying me :/
Ugh, I HATED assigned seats in anything, be it class, or even in the cafeteria... that's just a guarantee that you end up sitting next to, or close to somebody that you don't like and who doesn't like you.

The reason we had actual assigned seats in the cafeteria of all places was because apparently the teachers and supervisors didn't like how the kids would spread out, making it hard to find a seat, so it almost became like an assembly line: after you got your food, they would seat us at a table until it was full, then move on to the next table, to ensure everyone got a seat.

Vincent L

Reaction score
I'm sort of bullied verbally, but really, it isn't such a big deal to me now.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Funny thing is, once you get into middle school or high school assigned seating is a different story. That's where friendships develop. So later on, when some friends wind up in class together, and the teacher puts them in assigned seats so that the class won't get noisy, things will just be worse.

As for bullying, well who hasn't been a victim of that at some point?

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Urgh, just re-read my entry from last May. What I really meant at the end was that learning how to cope with other people made me a better person, rather than the actual bullying itself. * *headdesk*

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Now. people respect me since I am in college, but I wish I wasn't in school and going to work instead. (frustrated sighs) I feel like I am at a deep bottom pit of nowhere.
No offense but a lot of people would love to be where you are right now. :wink:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
No offense but a lot of people would love to be where you are right now. :wink:
That's true! Besides, college does make me feel a lot safer than my previous schools I went to for the last few years.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's true! Besides, college does make me feel a lot safer than my previous schools I went to for the last few years.
Yeah as far as bullying, college felt like vacation compared to High School. There was just less nonsense about popularity because it was a bunch bigger environment and more stress about developing job skills.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This topic sprung up on another forum, and it's actually something I've been thinking about for a short time now:

Does anyone else think the whole anti-bullying campaign has sort of become a tool at this point? It's nice that bullying has been taken more seriously in recent years (though it's unfortunate that it took teen suicides to raise awareness of how serious bullying really is), but at this point, it almost seems as if it's more or less a tool anymore. I mean, you've got celebrity PSAs saying, "Yeah, I was bullied growing up too", not to mention almost every educational kiddy show out there has cranked out at least one anti-bullying episode in the last few years, but it doesn't really seem to be solving very many problems. Sure, it lets victims know they're not alone, that's some form of closure I'm sure, but it doesn't really seem to try and actually put a stop to bullying so much as it does simply stating the message that bullying is not nice.

What do you think?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
*gets on soapbox*

There are other problems that are bigger than bullying. Yes, bullying is bad, but the sad fact is there is no way to stop it. You can have all kinds of PSAs, but its not going to do anything. People don't like snitches, so kids aren't going to tell an adult that bullying is happening. A bully will just continue to target whoever they think is easy. What we really need to be doing is telling kids to stand up for themselves, not go tell a grown up, not have their friends do it for them. Bullies get satisfaction if they know it bothers you. If you stand up to them, and show them it doesn't bother you, you get boring to them, so they look for someone else. Sure, you can discipline, but how effective is that? With the computer and the internet, cyberbullying is more rampant and harder to stop. But until people learn that they should laugh at the bully, its not going to stop.

But you never hear about the other things...someone in class today made a good point that prescription drug abuse is one of the most overlooked issues that kids are dealing with these days.