Has Tom Cruise gone mad?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Kimp, what did you get out of the book you read? What are your thoughts?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I'm curious about your opinion on the whole scientology thing too.

I still don't know if Cruise is doing this for more attention and fame or if he's really going crazy. But I would assume since Cruise gets a lot of great movie scripts all the time and that his name is on the top lost in Hollywood that he doesn't need to act like that. So I'm leaning toward him acting like a weirdo because he isn't thinking straight.

ryan

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Thought I'd throw in my two cents...

What's funny is how the Scientology thing hasn't ever really come up before with Tom. I think it's great that actors step up and mention if they're religious or not but they don't have to shove their beliefs down everyone's throats! There are several other famous actors who are Scientologists (John Travolta and Ellen DeGeneres come to mind) but they don't sit up there making it sound like they are better than everyone else because they are. Anyway, with the Katie thing, if I hear one more time about how she always wanted to marry him since she was a little girl, I'll scream. She was probably just going to pre-school when he made his first movie. She's a little older than me, and I don't know, my mom used to think he was hot, I was more into guys like the guys from Saved By The Bell (bad example, but hopefully you get the comparison). Anyway, I'll stop ranting now. I am with everyone else. He's crazy and the thing with Katie is very silly.

Drtooth

Reaction score
HPDJ said:
As a british person, I appologise on behalf of C4 for that terrible water incident!
Appologize? Are you kidding? You should be given a medal for that. The dude is almost as out of touch with reality as George Lucas and Michael Jackson. But at least George and Mike have done good, entertaining projects. I'd rather sit through 3 hours on nonstop Jar Jar Binks than a Tom Cruise movie... (Jar Jar is less annoying and less cartoonish than Tommy boy). The dude got what he deserved, and acted like a whiney 2 year old about it.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
IT'S A RELIGON BASED ON "FACTS"
"And what is your opinion?" of said religion was my real question. I understand the basis of it, but aren't some of their "facts" that they believe in re-incarnation and self healing? Just curious. :smile:

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
"And what is your opinion?" of said religion was my real question. I understand the basis of it, but aren't some of their "facts" that they believe in re-incarnation and self healing? Just curious. :smile:
YES alot of things they have no proof of but stat to be fact. it 's no blind faith

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
From my 15 minutes of research, I have concluded Sciencetology isn't all that much different than holistic medicine with the traditions of an organized religion tossed in

What is Scientology?
The aims of Scientology are a world without insanity, without criminals, without war, where the able can prosper and where Man is free to rise to greater heights.

And if you were to ask any Scientologist they would tell you it is a practical religion, with practical answers — tools that can be applied to achieve greater awareness and purpose in the here and now.

Or, as we say it, when you have the answers to life's questions — there is virtually no part of existence it cannot be applied to for the betterment of life itself.

What people need are real solutions, real tools to deal with and effectively overcome human problems.

Every one of us has experienced it.

Think back yourself and you'll remember when you tried to help a grieving loved one, a struggling child, a friend overcome by addiction.

And where you have failed, it's only because you lacked effective answers to accomplish what you desired.

Un ladrón de la mierda :crazy:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
The aims of Scientology are a world without insanity
So I guess they'll be tossin' Crazy Cruise out soon. :sing: