Happy Birthday To Donald Duck!

vaati64

Reaction score
On June 9th, 1934, 75 years ago today, Donald Duck made his debut in the cartoon "The Wise Little Hen." Here's to 75 years of frusteration and anger! Happy Birthday Donald!

Drtooth

Reaction score
The BEST thing to come out of Disney, man... Right up there with Goofy. Nothin' beats Disney ducks.

I want that to be a specific brand now... like Disney babies, Princesses, and Heroes... Disney Ducks. An' I'm talkin' Donald, Scrooge, Gladstone Gander (tho that's technically a goose), Ludwig VonDrake, Darkwing... all of them. An' Gyro, even though he's some sort of other bird.

But Donald's da man....

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Who's the got the sweetest disposition?
One guess, guess who?
Who never, never starts an argument?
Who never shows a bit of temperment?
Who's never wrong, but always right?
Who'd never dream of starting a fight?
Who gets stuck with all the bad luck?
No one...but Donald Duck. ; )

I remember this song always playing before his cartoons when I used to watch The Disney Channel. It must have been the song audiences heard back in the glory days of Hollywood. Happy Birthday, Donald!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I remember as a little kid, going to a mall where some costumed people showed up for Donald's birthday ...

vaati64

Reaction score
One guess, guess who?

I remember this song always playing before his cartoons when I used to watch The Disney Channel. It must have been the song audiences heard back in the glory days of Hollywood. Happy Birthday, Donald!

I love that song! It's at the beginning of like evry cartoon on the Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald Volume 4, I think. I especially like the cartoons where it's Donald and Humphrey the Bear together. That bear is just so funny!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I love that song! It's at the beginning of like evry cartoon on the Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald Volume 4, I think. I especially like the cartoons where it's Donald and Humphrey the Bear together. That bear is just so funny!
Oh I loved Humphrey, definitely should have been used more! :embarrassed: :smile:

I also loved it when Donald was pitted against Chip & Dale; they were the perfect antagonists for him, hehe. Would have been interesting to see Donald on Rescue Rangers! :insatiable:

unclematt

Reaction score
One guess, guess who?

That actually brought a tear to my eye. Wow, do I miss those days.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Oops, I'm late to the party :stick_out_tongue: Oh well, happy birthday to that lovable duck, anyway!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Conan O'brien last night on The Tonight Show made a joke about Donald's birthday saying something about how it's now appropriate for him not be wearing any pants. (Older people have restroom problems)

:big_grin: