Happy Birthday...Everybody!!!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
And TA replied to one of my posts was that August is just a happenin' B-day month, so fuhgedaboudit.

BEAR

Reaction score
I like the individual birthday threads. It is more personal and I am sure it makes people feel special and appreciated, especially those who aren't around much or don't feel comfortable posting. I have seen birthday threads for names I never heard of or seen. It just makes this place more intimate and personable. Seeing that someone has thought to send you a happy birthday and dedicate a thread to them is a wonderful present in itself. SO I will continue to support the individual threads.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ok, maybe not such a good idea of mine then...*eats cake* Hmm..tastes liek waxz...Oh! Candles!!!

BEAR

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Ok, maybe not such a good idea of mine then...*eats cake* Hmm..tastes liek waxz...Oh! Candles!!!

No, it wasn't a bad idea. There were good intentions. We just don't see why we can't continue to do what we have been doing and then the threads can ba deleted after a few days or a week. Its not like there are that many birthdays in one day here on MC. Usually just afew.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
BEAR said:
No, it wasn't a bad idea. There were good intentions. We just don't see why we can't continue to do what we have been doing and then the threads can ba deleted after a few days or a week. Its not like there are that many birthdays in one day here on MC. Usually just a few.
Well that would work, however none of the birthday threads are ever deleted. It just leaves lots of threads that clog things up. If they do start deleting them after a certain amount of time, then the individual threads would be fine. I personally feel that having one thread for all birthdays is better, but that's my opinion. I also had the idea of doing the same, anyways, it was a swell idea Beau. I imagine some people will use this thread.

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
I think its a great idea. It saves space for other stuff to talk about instead of lots of birthday threads. :smile:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Explain to me how a thread just exactly "clogs things up" though? It's not like a thread (or LOTS of threads even) slows down your browser, increases load time or even boots you off the server, so I raise an eybrow at this "clogging" thing.

And Uncle Deadly!!! where the heck have you been!?!?! :excited:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yey! Uncle Deadly is back! Let's all wish him happy B-day even though it ain't his B-day!

Happy B-Day Uncle Deadly...

Vibs

Reaction score
... happy birthday Uncle Deadly... (sing along everybody!)