Halloween is just around the corner

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm enjoying it so far; I'm all decorated and everything, eating a big bowl of Frankenberry every morning, digging the gradual drop in temps and the appearance of color in the trees.

mariolover

Reaction score
I'm going to be a fireman for Halloween this year when I go to my party.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Looks like for the first time since its inaugural telecast back in 1966, IT'S THE GREAT PUMPKIN, CHARLIE BROWN will not be airing on broadcast television this year. From what I've heard, ABC's contract to run the special annual has expired, and I guess either they didn't bother to renew it, or none of the other major networks have signed a new contract.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Looks like for the first time since its inaugural telecast back in 1966, IT'S THE GREAT PUMPKIN, CHARLIE BROWN will not be airing on broadcast television this year. From what I've heard, ABC's contract to run the special annual has expired, and I guess either they didn't bother to renew it, or none of the other major networks have signed a new contract.
That's interesting. Where did you find this out?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, apparently Apple TV now has exclusive distribution rights fo PEANUTS holiday specials now, so I guess the time-honored tradition of seeing these classic specials on broadcast TV are over.

At least I have a boxed set with not only Great Pumpkin, but also the Thanksgiving and Christmas specials on DVD.

mariolover

Reaction score
Okay, apparently Apple TV now has exclusive distribution rights fo PEANUTS holiday specials now, so I guess the time-honored tradition of seeing these classic specials on broadcast TV are over.

At least I have a boxed set with not only Great Pumpkin, but also the Thanksgiving and Christmas specials on DVD.
That’s sad. I’ve always loved seeing the Peanuts specials on ABC growing up. At least I have The Great Pumpkin, A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, and a Charlie Brown Christmas on VHS.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I don’t got any recordings of the specials, but my mom has been interested in Apple TV+ after hearing about their new installments to the Fraggle Rock franchise (she loves Fraggle Rock). Maybe this’ll sell her even more on it.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I don’t got any recordings of the specials, but my mom has been interested in Apple TV+ after hearing about their new installments to the Fraggle Rock franchise (she loves Fraggle Rock). Maybe this’ll sell her even more on it.
We used to have a recording of A Charlie Brown Christmas, but it got eaten by one of the VCRs in our house.