Halloween Homecoming

Beauregard

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
Gosh Ed, this was wonderful! I think I got just about everyone's names including my own and I feel very honored to be included! This was a nice tribute to all the people who make MC great and very fitting to the season!
Ok, wrong thread I know, but, beth just noticed your sig is a reference to the Mrs Cole picture I put together from the drawings!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Rully? Always thought it was a reference to the song.

Answers for the Readers.
1 Yes, that's you as the bell ringer Bo.
2 Had to make JFS a banshee, after all she is the songstress D-vine.
3 Harvey, how did I know you'd pull a misunderstanding joke. Have you seen the movie Psycho? Well, you know that the hook is the character of Norman Bates talks to a statue of his mother's head. And a bust also refers to a statue of a person's head and possibly arms, above the neckline. The Bust of Beethoven included with the Tux Rowlf figure from Muppets S3 figure line is a good example of this.

Edits.
The character of Lisa was to have originally been a Theban Sphinx, but decided she'd be better as a sort of spidery woman what with the reference to her writting so many fan fics.
Kate was to have been the spidery woman, as a joking reference to Kiss Me Kate the Broadway show. But decided to change it to reflect her as a cave creature in light of her Fraggle roommates at the dorms.

Anyone catch any additional references in the story?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Ok, wrong thread I know, but, beth just noticed your sig is a reference to the Mrs Cole picture I put together from the drawings!
Yep, it sure is! But, I'll stop muffining Ed's wonderful story now.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ha! I was the Invisible Man! I wonder what made you decide that. It was cool though. What scares me a little is how did you know that I have square glasses? Hmmm...
Anyway, it was really fun to read. I am gonna read it again so I can get all the details. Thanks for writing me in there. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Answers for Readers 2.

1 Thank you Uncle Deadly. Personally, I have fun tapping into the realm of monsters and creepy creatures of that sort.
2 Beth... The character of Beth refered to in this story is indeed the forum member known as redBoobergurl.
3 You have square glasses Bryan? That was rully me thinking of the ones I once had, the ones that are standard issue for blind people as a way to have his invisible face/head visible. Your character, and the basis for the story was inspired by your almost leaving the board. Would've gone into how he was leaving and the rest of the gang cheered him into staying, but since you worked it out on your own I had to come up with another plotline... And I think this one worked really well.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ok...references I notices. Suzan. Obviously a MopFam reference. The bell-ringer being a little dumb, a Beau reference.

Tabi/Mingo was Medussa, and Vibs was the Mermaid. But...why? Was there inspiration behind those?

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count said:
Answers for Readers 2.

1 Thank you Uncle Deadly. Personally, I have fun tapping into the realm of monsters and creepy creatures of that sort.
2 Beth... The character of Beth refered to in this story is indeed the forum member known as redBoobergurl.
3 You have square glasses Bryan? That was rully me thinking of the ones I once had, the ones that are standard issue for blind people as a way to have his invisible face/head visible. Your character, and the basis for the story was inspired by your almost leaving the board. Would've gone into how he was leaving and the rest of the gang cheered him into staying, but since you worked it out on your own I had to come up with another plotline... And I think this one worked really well.
Cool, Ed! Actually, I don't have "bilnd people" glasses. They are just square shaped frames that i wear sometimes.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That's what I thought Bry. These were the type blind people have.

Bo... You got almost all the Moppet references. And I'm not giving away the last one, you'll have to reread to find it.
Vibs was the Mermaid because she's from Denmark, and as her location line indicates... She lives just 30 minutes away from the statue of the Little Mermaid.
Tabi was Medusa because of her name... Minidoozer. If you say it like "Duza" then it sounds a little like Medusa. And saying it that way reminded me of the character based on Medusa from the animated series Gravedale High starring a cartoon version of Ric Moranis.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Wow! I just saw this tonight,Ed. Looks purrfect!:smile: