Habemus Papum!

Whatever

Reaction score
Ya, we were discussing that at Palisades.
BTW, God bless you in German is "Gott segne Dich."

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Oh, jeez, KEv, did you have to? :concern: Besides knowing I'd be really sad about the demise of John Paul II, I also thought I might be very worried. All the earthquakes going on and everything don't help. I try to not to put too much stock into Left Behind-type theology; I don't think it presents a very merciful vision of God at all and at any rate it majorly freaks me out. But I've been worried. And I hadn't heard that about the name Benedict, which makes me more nervous. I'm not sure I like this...
Erin

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Eh, like I told my co-worker. Things are the way they're going to be. Just have to keep on going and deal with it all. Live life while you can (of course, make plans for the long-haul).

Didn't mean to make anybody actually worry...I just found it all interesting. Like I do with Bigfoot, not that the two relate or anything. Just interested.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Don't mind me. I used to go into panic attacks at the age of ten glancing at "The Sun" in line at the grocery store. (I still hate that magazine...) I'm just such a worrywart by nature, and this sort of thing has always freaked me out. All those Nostradamus prophecies floating around after 9-11 didn't do much for my constitution either, but we're still here at least... Anyway, I had pizza for lunch and went to the zoo and I feel better now. But maybe I'd better stay away from grocery stores for a while...
Erin

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
at least stay away from Tabloids. My aunt (who is WAY out in the c'untry) believes in those dumb things.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
You know what I've found is that everyone has their own theory on the end of the world. Supposedly Nostradamus says the end of the world will come after the first black pope. The book Bible Code II says the end could be in 2006. The Mayans say it could be 2012. Guess what? Any of them could be right and any of them could be wrong. All I know is what my priest has says in church MANY times and what the Bible actually says (I can't remember the specific passage right now, too lazy to look it up) which is "FOR YOU KNOW NOT WHEN the son of man will come again." NO ONE knows when Jesus will come again and so if you're a Christian you should just live every day like he will come and then it's all good. It could be today, could be tomorrow or could be YEARS AND YEARS from now. Sorry to get all preachy, but like Kevin said, shouldn't get worried, just live your life and have fun!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
...but make plans for the 'long haul.' You forgot that part. I always say, "Better safe than sorry!"

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Did you hear about the guy who registered the domain name BenedictXVI.com a couple months ago? He wanted to be sure nobody with ill motives got ahold of it when the Pope's name was announced. I don't know if he registered a bunch of potential names or just had a hunch about that one; Charlie Gibson said that Benedict XVI was far and away the odds-on favorite among those betting on the name of the next Pope (a rather ironic idea...). Anyway, he could make a ton of money selling it to the highest bidder, but apparently he's going to hand it over to the Vatican. :halo:
Erin