Guess it's about time: From the REAL Greg Berg

gregishere

Reaction score
Hi Muppet Babies Lovers,

How about a TRIVIA SURPRISE before the year ends?

After reading various questions, answers, and write ups about the cast and crew of MUPPET BABIES, I've noticed 1 piece of news researchers and reporters have never revealed or covered of the cast!

So, as my holiday 2012 gift to fans and followers I will pass, what I feel fits in as interesting trivia.

Prior to Muppet Babies, circa 1982, my first animated pilot in which I was the lead character,was a show called 'ROBOTMAN AND FRIENDS'.
(It was loosely based on a comic strip character in many newspapers.
The studio was DIC Entertainment. It aired on TV and 2 VHS versions-one just a couple minutes longer.)

Among the short cast- Me,Frank Welker, and Katie Leigh!

2 years later,(1984), fate and our talents would reunite us, to perform characters in the cast of JIM HENSON'S MUPPET BABIES!

gregishere

Reaction score
Hi Show lovers.
Summer' end 2013, see a new MUPPET MOVIE is in the works and although I was heard in the last one,I called my contact to see if I may have any involvement on this newest but was not called for anything.(Usually I may be asked in to even do additional voices but had no call...part of what I heard was some accented voices were needed...I also do 'some' accents, but they may have used naturals or people they had requested??) Maybe I'll have to wait like everyone else to see if it continues to be well accepted.

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
Welcome to Muppet Central, Greg!

Just out of curiosity, have you seen some of the newer Henson shows like Sid the Science Kid, Dinosaur Train, and Pajanimals? Or even older material like Fraggle Rock? (Both live-action and cartoon versions)

gregishere

Reaction score
Welcome to Muppet Central, Greg!

Just out of curiosity, have you seen some of the newer Henson shows like Sid the Science Kid, Dinosaur Train, and Pajanimals? Or even older material like Fraggle Rock? (Both live-action and cartoon versions)
Caught a small glimpse of Sid when switching channels(not enough to comment on.) Didn't see many of the latest projects since Brian took over..he may have many things the company has a part in, but years ago, Henson usually seem they HAD to be involved in anything that had puppets and wasn't a cartoon. Dark Crystal, Star Wars, Ninja Turtles. Don't know if there is a 'Jim Henson inspired' protege in the pipeline. I love the world of character creativity and from my background in creative voice characterization, some cartoons and animated films let me down when a well known 'actor' is brought in without a cast of equally strong character talent.Going way back,to the old days of radio,(which was soaked in imagination),you had a main talent who didn't have to put on another character voice, but the fun and ear capturing magic, which I feel made people come back weekly, was the character talent. In answer to your question, I listen to animated shows yet am not impressed by many.

Speaking of Puppets with I recently made aware of a past puppet creator I had the pleasure to meet, (Dave P.), who created a entity called The Peppercorn Puppets had passed away a few years ago.He had a good assortment of figures and I had the privilege to voice one in a pilot YEARS ago with Cathy Lee Crosby.

I hope more word gets out or upcoming people with need for animated characters, will hear I would like to add new creative ventures to my credits this year.
That's been part of my mission in the world of voicing.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Hi, Greg:
I just wanted to say "Hello" and express to you the joy you've brought me over the years using your vocal talents in many of the cartoons I've enjoyed over the years. Aside from growing up with the Muppets, I was a diehard (and still am) a big fan of Garfield, and I loved your work as Odie over the years in the animated T.V. specials and Saturday morning series. It was great to see you at work in the studio on the 10th birthday special they did for Garfield in the late 80s on CBS.

Best,
Melissa Scopelitis

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hi, Greg:
I just wanted to say "Hello" and express to you the joy you've brought me over the years using your vocal talents in many of the cartoons I've enjoyed over the years. Aside from growing up with the Muppets, I was a diehard (and still am) a big fan of Garfield, and I loved your work as Odie over the years in the animated T.V. specials and Saturday morning series. It was great to see you at work in the studio on the 10th birthday special they did for Garfield in the late 80s on CBS.

Best,
Melissa Scopelitis
You're getting Greg Berg confused with Gregg Bergger (SP?). The other Gregg is the voice of Odie, but Greg did do voice work for one episode of Garfield, I believe. He was a robotic comedian built buy Jon.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
You're getting Greg Berg confused with Gregg Bergger (SP?). The other Gregg is the voice of Odie, but Greg did do voice work for one episode of Garfield, I believe. He was a robotic comedian built buy Jon.
Oh goodness, I'm so embarrassed!! :embarrassed: My apologies to Greg.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Prior to Muppet Babies, circa 1982, my first animated pilot in which I was the lead character,was a show called 'ROBOTMAN AND FRIENDS'.
(It was loosely based on a comic strip character in many newspapers.
The studio was DIC Entertainment. It aired on TV and 2 VHS versions-one just a couple minutes longer.)

Among the short cast- Me,Frank Welker, and Katie Leigh!

2 years later,(1984), fate and our talents would reunite us, to perform characters in the cast of JIM HENSON'S MUPPET BABIES!
Awesome! Thanks for the trivia. I've got a VHS tape of "Robotman and Friends" at home. I remember having a coloring book based on that cartoon as a kid- great '80s cartoon and fun comic strip as well.:smile: